The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

is it only Collingwood who gets 'please explains' from the AFL for serious offences?

Degoey and Howe on their phones is a serious offence.

if it was Damien Oliver and James McDonald texting in the jockeys room, they'de get a year I reckon.

and last time I checked, you can put as much on a game of footy as you can on a horse race.

AFL and Integrity really is an oxymoron.

If Bucks got a please explain for Stack and CJ eating kebabs,

he would have said 'they were just really, really hungry'

Reactions: 7 users
is it only Collingwood who gets 'please explains' from the AFL for serious offences?

if it was Damien Oliver and James McDonald texting in the jockeys room, they'de get a year I reckon.

and last time I checked, you can put as much on a game of footy as you can on a horse race.

YES! @eZyT

It's been reported that they were given a 'friendly reminder' a couple of weeks ago to tighten up the protocols related to phone usage.....
FFS the AFL are such a *smile* ramshackle organization for a billion $ operation.
Seriously, that Andrew Dillion bloke who's the integrity chief should give himself an uppercut!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
YES! @eZyT

It's been reported that they were given a 'friendly reminder' a couple of weeks ago to tighten up the protocols related to phone usage.....
FFS the AFL are such a *smile* ramshackle organization for a billion $ operation.
Seriously, that Andrew Dillion bloke who's the integrity chief should give himself an upercut!
How about a paycut ... - 50%? Then we might see some integrity. Bah ... won't happen on Gil's watch.

Reactions: 1 user

and pissed

• Haha
and pissed
Come on, guys. Remember how Sidearse, pissed as a newt and wandering around half-naked and totally lost early morning, so that he was picked up by police and driven home (!!) made Eddie so proud.

(Wonder if that was an indigenous person/player like ... Sid Stack, if he'd have been driven straight to the nearest lockhouse?)

Ban them from from playing finals
They won't go near the 8.
They're *smile*.
Get there phone records and check who they contacted and if its not a family member suspend them for 3 years.
Howe looks like a real kok of a bloke

Remember how Sidearse, pissed as a newt and wandering around half-naked and totally lost early morning,
I think you have this mixed up, he was totally naked and half lost

Your point is well made though, superbly swept under the carpet by Ed and Gill. Likewise degoey

Gee it's been a fun arvo listening to pies supporters call SEN defending Buckley and the associated rabble he leads..... Give him lifetime tenure I say...... they deserve eachother!

Reactions: 1 users

Yeh, kermit made good point today. No one knew Degoey had concussion and the extent of Howe's injury. There is live in play betting on the match they were in and there was futures betting on the next round. Knowing Howe & De Goey would be missing from the ANZAC match. I'm sure that has a material impact on the Pies price v Essendon? It would definitely be info of interest to sports bookies and pro punters who are dealing in large turnover.

Yeh, kermit made good point today. No one knew Degoey had concussion and the extent of Howe's injury. There is live in play betting on the match they were in and there was futures betting on the next round. Knowing Howe & De Goey would be missing from the ANZAC match. I'm sure that has a material impact on the Pies price v Essendon? It would definitely be info of interest to sports bookies and pro punters who are dealing in large turnover.

They are apparently blaming it on Nick Maxwell, because he wasn't there in Perth, apparently no-one else knew that they needed to lock the phone box, despite only being warned about the same thing only a few weeks ago by the AFL.

This is a complete failure in policy control by the Pies and they should be hit with fines and I'd think suspensions for both players.

If they get less of a soft cap fine than what we got for Stacky / CCJ then the AFL are undoubtedly in bed with the Pies.

AFL website says "huge fine" for Pies. It was $20k!! Geez

We got fined $100k for Stacky and CCJ going for a kebab.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
pfffft. Nothing. They should have lost $100k soft cap salary and suspended competition points at a minimum

Reactions: 3 users
pfffft. Nothing. They should have lost $100k soft cap salary and suspended competition points at a minimum

Agree. They've just stated that officials can be bought by bookies for $20k. Well done AFL you bunch of *smile*.