The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
So, if McGuire was in Queensland with the Collingwood Football Club, he shouldn't be out at a night club.

If McGuire wasn't in Queensland with the Collingwood Football Club, then . . . he shouldn't have been allowed to travel to Queensland, he should be in Melbourne like the rest of us.

Don't you just love the way some people get these favours because they're rich, or a "celebrity" or some other bulls*** excuse.

DS

exactly what I was thinking. Would’ve thought If he went up with the AFL bubble then his restrictions are the same as the players,coaches etc.
Are the press exempt from the qld restrictions? Was his son also doing reconnaissance as to how Victoria can come out of the Covid crisis, is he also deemed part of the press. How does he get away with this? What a fkn joke he is making of the AFL and what an “old boys club” the media is when they laugh it off and say he is being cheeky.
I want to hear from Caro. Did she mention it on footy classified last night?
I am enraged by this and cannot believe the audacity of edhead. How can anyone believe him and how stupid are the Collingwood fc and their supporters? It’s like the Americans supporting Trump .

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I thought he might be there as media, but surely media are also required to quarantine or stay in a bubble?

Or are there different rules for them?

DS

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
I thought he might be there as media, but surely media are also required to quarantine or stay in a bubble?

Or are there different rules for them?

DS

Apparently Ed has no rules to follow. Even if he was not restricted in movements, wouldn’t you be so p’d off if you were in the Collingwood bubble - what a terrible example to his club.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Is the media essential?
In my opinion....NO!
Considering that most games have been called from the studios of FoxFooty or Ch7 Melb, I cant see any reason for any media junket mongers to travel to QLD.......the media broadcasters have reps already based in QLD to cover live interviews, boundary riding etc, so it’s really just a farce......

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
In my opinion....NO!
Considering that most games have been called from the studios of FoxFooty or Ch7 Melb, I cant see any reason for any media junket mongers to travel to QLD.......the media broadcasters have reps already based in QLD to cover live interviews, boundary riding etc, so it’s really just a farce......
Touche
Exactly

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
exactly what I was thinking. Would’ve thought If he went up with the AFL bubble then his restrictions are the same as the players,coaches etc.
Are the press exempt from the qld restrictions? Was his son also doing reconnaissance as to how Victoria can come out of the Covid crisis, is he also deemed part of the press. How does he get away with this? What a fkn joke he is making of the AFL and what an “old boys club” the media is when they laugh it off and say he is being cheeky.
I want to hear from Caro. Did she mention it on footy classified last night?
I am enraged by this and cannot believe the audacity of edhead. How can anyone believe him and how stupid are the Collingwood fc and their supporters? It’s like the Americans supporting Trump .
She mentioned it but jibbed it by making it light hearted. Eddie deflected by countering with the Caro-Cotchin issue.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
She mentioned it but jibbed it by making it light hearted. Eddie deflected by countering with the Caro-Cotchin issue.

That’s disappointing - thought she had more integrity than that. Have always liked her saying what she thought but to fob it off as a joke is in itself a joke.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
In my opinion....NO!

And with their families ........

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
That’s disappointing - thought she had more integrity than that. Have always liked her saying what she thought but to fob it off as a joke is in itself a joke.
Don't worry. Caro knows where the paychecks come from. Usually selects fairly soft targets. Once Eddie came back on FC as one of the hosts, she backed right off. Probably collects a handy, fat cheque from CH. 9 for a few hours work, and is no longer F/T as a journo at the Age.

It's like her supposed RFC allegiance. She doesn't put that ahead of hitting us when we are the populist target of her colleagues.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
40th Anniversary today of the Pies losing grand final No. 22... (I think)

Can't stand em, but their very existence and that of the other Big 4, is what created the passion in following Richmond my whole life.

The shared experiences of rivalries and good natured banter amongst family and friends is impossible to manufacture and the reason why so many people who don't support us, or for that matter, them other 3, just don't get it!

Long may it continue!

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
40th Anniversary today of the Pies losing grand final No. 22... (I think)

Can't stand em, but their very existence and that of the other Big 4, is what created the passion in following Richmond my whole life.

The shared experiences of rivalries and good natured banter amongst family and friends is impossible to manufacture and the reason why so many people who don't support us, or for that matter, them other 3, just don't get it!

Long may it continue!

Im emotional.
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I remember Dusty Obrein coming home, the entire street full of yellow and black streamers.
The next day Dusty drove me to punt rd for the family day/premiership celebrations.
It was a day i will never forget.
Im emotional

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Im emotional.
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
I remember Dusty Obrein coming home, the entire street full of yellow and black streamers.
The next day Dusty drove me to punt rd for the family day/premiership celebrations.
It was a day i will never forget.
Im emotional

They're good tears to be shedding, Zipps

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Ha ha - Sam McClure just said that apparently Jordan De Goey and Scott Pendlebury have become quite good friends, in an odd couple sort of way, and I quote, “Much like Dusty Martin and Trent Cotchin”.

:rotfl2Their copycat shenanigans know no bounds! :rotfl2

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Ha ha - Sam McClure just said that apparently Jordan De Goey and Scott Pendlebury have become quite good friends, in an odd couple sort of way, and I quote, “Much like Dusty Martin and Trent Cotchin”.

:rotfl2Their copycat shenanigans know no bounds! :rotfl2

Lucky Pendlebury has kids.... DeGoey can share their crayons when he comes over for dinner

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
So Matt Rendell after being let go, has caned the coaching at Coll in an interview. What a time to be alive.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They were always going to beat Wc.
They should've been back in Melbourne watching us.
Thanks Melbourne you weak pricks.
And GWS.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
They were always going to beat Wc.
They should've been back in Melbourne watching us.
Thanks Melbourne you weak pricks.
And GWS.
"They were always going to beat Wc."

Surely you jest.
They won by a point, had four fewer scoring shots, and it was the first game West Coast lost in Perth all year.
They should NEVER have beaten West Coast.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
"They were always going to beat Wc."

Surely you jest.
They won by a point, had four fewer scoring shots, and it was the first game West Coast lost in Perth all year.
They should NEVER have beaten West Coast.

1990 part 2.
Kennedy never cops it for poor goal kicking