The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
No wonder the Pies have no depth. They pay their "stars" way more than their true value.

Adams, Treloar, Cox, Grundy, Cox, thats a heck of a lot of salary and haven't even got to how much they will be paying De Goey and Moore after this year. The rest must be on peanuts.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
No wonder the Pies have no depth. They pay their "stars" way more than their true value.

Adams, Treloar, Cox, Grundy, Cox, thats a heck of a lot of salary and haven't even got to how much they will be paying De Goey and Moore after this year. The rest must be on peanuts.

Especially if they are paying Cox twice Posh

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think some of you are over estimating the weight of 550k in AFL terms.

That would be a pre-COVID figure where the average wage was about 370k. For context a draftee who plays a handful of games in their first two years will re-sign for 300-350 minimum.

For someone like Cox who has probably played at least 70% of the games in this contract, it's a really low figure for the end of a contract. I'd bet if you made a ladder of all the mature key position players wages he would be last by some margin.
It’s a 2021 figure apparently.

But I agree, if you made a ladder of mature KPP Cox would be last by some margin.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I think some of you are over estimating the weight of 550k in AFL terms.

That would be a pre-COVID figure where the average wage was about 370k. For context a draftee who plays a handful of games in their first two years will re-sign for 300-350 minimum.

For someone like Cox who has probably played at least 70% of the games in this contract, it's a really low figure for the end of a contract. I'd bet if you made a ladder of all the mature key position players wages he would be last by some margin.
Wow! Thats pretty amazing that a player can get half a million and it not be that much. Times have changed!
If you don't hear from me for a while , Ill be down the local oval training my ass off.

Reactions: 1 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
To put it into perspective, I don't reckon Brett Sutton would be on half a mil. Who would you prefer to be, Brett Sutton or Mason Cox?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Apparently McGuire snr and jnr trotted off to the pub yesterday but that's ok as Eddie's declared he's in Qld as a private citizen:rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Filth lose against Port today and they play the Eagles in an Elimination final in Perth, a toss of the coin who'll win the tackle count in that game.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Grundy still has 7 year's to go at 900k.
FmD.
By the time he gets to 2027, he will be lucky to jump higher then Ben Holland.

This would be a massive concern to me if I was a Pies fan. Could live with Cox on $550k for a season if I had to.

But poor old Grundy, who I like as a player, has had a rough year and you wonder if it will get any better from here. Especially with those injuries he had as a young man.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Apparently McGuire snr and jnr trotted off to the pub yesterday but that's ok as Eddie's declared he's in Qld as a private citizen:rolleyes:
McChins should've given his lad a proper education and gone for a perv and a kebab........actually looking at the colour of his face lately, maybe he did take him.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I bet if you made a ladder of the gross motor skills of all the mature key position players,

he'd be last by some more margin

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This would be a massive concern to me if I was a Pies fan. Could live with Cox on $550k for a season if I had to.

But poor old Grundy, who I like as a player, has had a rough year and you wonder if it will get any better from here. Especially with those injuries he had as a young man.

Huge concerns.
Considering, we have dominated the competition with a Soldier in the ruck.
No need to pay Ruckman huge amounts, no need to give them long deals.
I can't remember the last ruckman to play well in a finals Series.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If Pies lose tonight, finishing outside the Top 4, will the media start asking if Buckley peaked in 2018 and is now taking his team back down the ladder?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Huge concerns.
Considering, we have dominated the competition with a Soldier in the ruck.
No need to pay Ruckman huge amounts, no need to give them long deals.
I can't remember the last ruckman to play well in a finals Series.
Tank-ervis was no slouch in 17 and 19.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tank-ervis was no slouch in 17 and 19.

He wasn't on 1 mill and on a 7 year deal.
Goldstein. NO
NitNat. He plays one good every 6 he plays. Defiant No.
Grundy. Was destroyed by Mumford last year.

The blokes that have stood up are Nakas, Blivas, Boyd and Soldo.
Not many top liners according to Gerard.

Reactions: 2 users