The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Buckley isnt a peoples person.
That fake nice guy crap was never going to last.
These are brutal, ruthless decisions that have Buckley's stamp on them IMO. He's probably an OK bloke but when I think of Buckley, I think of his relentless determination to win (and not getting there!).

Reactions: 1 users
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
He's gone off the Dimma program completely.

Dimma started our success by asking players to embrace each other's differences.

Buckley hacks Stephenson off at the neck on the basis that he felt he was too reserved. He's a 20 year old kid FFS
Exactly a 20 year old.
Well said.

He's gone off the Dimma program completely.

Dimma started our success by asking players to embrace each other's differences.

Buckley hacks Stephenson off at the neck on the basis that he felt he was too reserved. He's a 20 year old kid FFS
It's like Collingwood and Essendon have dabbled with copying Richmond and failed, and are returning to what makes them, them. Shades of Kernahan's "We are Carlton, *smile* the rest!".

Reactions: 2 users
I'd love to have a beer with Ned Guy
I'd love to have a beer with Ned
He drinks in moderation
Until it comes to maths, then he's off his head
And he really knows his footy
Talks about it day and night
And the best thing he's done for all of us
Is make the Magpies look right *smile*

I'd love to have a beer with Eddie
I'd love to have a beer with Ed
He can't keep his bloody mouth shut
Until things go wrong, then he pretends he's dead
But nothing ever bugs him
Cause he's never, ever wrong
The Magpies trade debacle
Was something planned all along

I'd love to have a beer with Nathan
I'd love to have a beer with Nath
A lot of guys don't like him
But they just do not have the faith
The bloke can really coach the game
Get the best out of a man
If you don't think Nath's the man for the job
Just ask him, figjam

I'd love to have a beer with Jayden
And his good mate Treloar
But someone has just told me
They were shown the door, not here no more
Well Treloar has gone to heaven
But Jado, he's real pissed
Cause Jado's gone to a 7/11
While Treloar found a better list

So the moral of the story
If you're dealing with the Pies
Is don't drink beer, keep your head clear
Or you might end up with a bad surprise
It'll look all fine and dandy
They'll tell you its the latest trend
But the term backloaded at Collingwood
Means you'll take it up your rear-end

With sincerest apologies to that great song man Slim Dusty

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Don't we beat teams in GF's then they crumble??
We made Collingwood crumble just by watching us win 3 of the last 4. Buckley's head is spinning

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Need lots of cash due to poor management: Four players targeted who were on big dollars and who were under performing and/or high maintenance. The players picked themselves, Treloar got onto the page due to his change in circumstances.

But now lets have a large round of applause for the execution of their player execution. Failed abysmally at the trade table, managed to get themselves eviscerated in the court of public opinion and spiflicated by the media. Add in their original financial mis-management and the winning trifecta blows out to the full quadrella. Haven't seen a stuff-up like this since Adelaide's training camp.

Collingwood have been completely logical, been in enough Board meetings to be able to visualise the thought processes of their Executive. Even the decision to go stum - can't spin it nicely in any way - so say nothing and try and starve the media flames. But when it all blows over, whatever year that may be, they did what their mis-management meant they had to do.

Still, a very different type of cliff to GWS and Adelaide. Just as messy at the bottom as well.

Reactions: 3 users

Speaking on Triple M's Hot Breakfast, Collingwood GM of Football Geoff Walsh addressed the trade decisions, and McGuire answered questions from concerned Collingwood fans.

"It's the toughest thing when you're a supporter, because you love your players and your players love you," McGuire said.

"We got the end of this campaign… and you either say, 'Ok, do you make the moves that need to be made to go through there?'

"These days it's really tough … it's been a very hard year for everybody.

"I hate this period."

After Walsh claimed the Magpies never chased the signature of tall forward Tom Lynch, McGuire quickly corrected him.

"Just to clear that last bit, spoke to him, didn’t go after him," McGuire said

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The article list in AFL section ot The Roar is all Collingwood, all negative stories.
What they did was fine, but the way they did it was very ordinary.
With the help from some ordinary football clubs, they achieved what they set out to do. They got away with what they wanted at the end of the day.
They got rid of 2 duds in Treloar & Phillips.
A highly paid kid in Stephenson and a kid that reminds me of Eggy.
They freed up 2 million just with those 3 player's, that's unbelievable.
They can now offer Milocheck 4yrs at 500-600k.
They can sign up Degoey at 800k for 2 yrs.
They will have 3-4 players out of contract next year and they can recharge and go again.
The mess they were in was resolved in less then 20 minutes thanks to hawthorn, North Melbourne and some what Footscary.
All they need to do is finally resolve the issue with Beams.
He wants every cent...

Reactions: 1 user