The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Looking forward to the doggies v Collingwood games next year
Hoping for Trelor to be BOG
With Collingwood paying a third of his salary to beat them what a delight that would be

Reactions: 2 users
It's like Collingwood and Essendon have dabbled with copying Richmond and failed, and are returning to what makes them, them. Shades of Kernahan's "We are Carlton, *smile* the rest!".
Haaarrrgh. Pretty sure the " rest " have done a pretty fair job of *smile* Carlscum ever since Kernawak's comments.

Always enjoy watching other clubs trying to copy a successful clubs methods. Copying being the sincerest form of flattery, I'm happy to receive a little from the oppo. Problem for them is that copying the original simply means you are always following, never leading. Gotta find your own way of doing things properly to have any chance of being successful.

The positive spin is they got rid of a guy on $900 K that is injury prone and can't kick.

And got rid of Markov type that was somehow on $600 K.

And got rid of a Rising Star winner whose career is tracking that of Rhys Palmer.

Daicos jnr to come in (gun)

Pies may well have done the right thing looking long term but their sell has been woeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting thoughts jb03
Some counter thoughts
Effectively operating with a lower salary cap then everyone else for 5 years will impact all important depth in the list. To combat this they have a couple of options eg tremendous success with rookies. Easier said than done
Or get players to play for less to stay with the team. This is also difficult without being in premiership contention. Even more difficult if they over pay De Gooy

The internal sell is all important. From what we can see from the outside internal messaging is not a strength. This can be fixed but first you must admit that you have an issue. Ed just doesn’t seem the type to do this and it must start from the top

The positive spin is they got rid of a guy on $900 K that is injury prone and can't kick.

And got rid of Markov type that was somehow on $600 K.

And got rid of a Rising Star winner whose career is tracking that of Rhys Palmer.

Daicos jnr to come in (gun)

Pies may well have done the right thing looking long term but their sell has been woeful.
If they honestly believe that why did they sign those blokes up to massive contracts in the first place? They still don’t have a key forward and have locked In a bloke whose only selling point is that he’s almost 7 feet tall into a big money contract.

They still don’t have a key forward and have locked In a bloke whose only selling point is that he’s almost 7 feet tall into a big money contract.

Yeah, but credit where it's due..... he's starred in 2.5 games over the course of his 69 game career and will be only 30 when Rnd 1 kicks off next year.
I'm starting to believe Geoff Walsh.
Why would you ever have needed to chase Lynch when you've clearly developed talent like this.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, but credit where it's due..... he's starred in 2.5 games over the course of his 69 game career and will be only 30 when Rnd 1 kicks off next year.
Buckenara reckoned he was worth a second-rounder. The market obviously didn’t agree. Maybe he’s been talked into a pay cut.

It was an inflexible plan - those players were going, no matter what. The other clubs knew it and simply waited till the death before preying on Collingwood.

Reactions: 1 user
Players officially hate Buckley. More to meets than eye with Buckley and Molak playing “tennis”. Sanderson was only there as cover.

Players officially hate Buckley. More to meets than eye with Buckley and Molak playing “tennis”. Sanderson was only there as cover.
Yes there is talk that he may have been participating in a bit of “netball” as well.

What they did was fine, but the way they did it was very ordinary.
With the help from some ordinary football clubs, they achieved what they set out to do. They got away with what they wanted at the end of the day.
They got rid of 2 duds in Treloar & Phillips.
A highly paid kid in Stephenson and a kid that reminds me of Eggy.
They freed up 2 million just with those 3 player's, that's unbelievable.
They can now offer Milocheck 4yrs at 500-600k.
They can sign up Degoey at 800k for 2 yrs.
They will have 3-4 players out of contract next year and they can recharge and go again.
The mess they were in was resolved in less then 20 minutes thanks to hawthorn, North Melbourne and some what Footscary.
All they need to do is finally resolve the issue with Beams.
He wants every cent...
The clubs rhetoric, media wise, was absolutely correct. As you say the way they did was not good, hopefully they implode........hopefully. I do do love that Figgy's name is being muddied, couldn't happen to a nicer wannabe Dimma!

Reactions: 3 users
Two of them are club captains, not many of them run of in search of a premiership elsewhere.
Cripps could well have more chance of playing finals at the Blues next year and beyond than the Pies I reckon, and I would not have even thought such a thing prior to trade week.

Reactions: 1 user
The clubs rhetoric, media wise, was absolutely correct. As you say the way they did was not good, hopefully they implode........hopefully. I do do love that Figgy's name is being muddied, couldn't happen to a nicer wannabe Dimma!
Pope Figgys had a crack at going all Dimmaesque and it failed the mask unveiled the fraud of Pope Figgy 2018/19.

This year we've had Pricky Pricky Chrissy trying to re brand himself as Conscientious Contrite Chris espousing philosophy.

Chrissy we know thats you under there give it up you failed also.

Then we also had.... Karen Kenny Hinkley trying to get in on the act this year.

Whose it gonna be next year ...... Guru Grandad/master Fago, or Simon Goodvibes Goodwin.

Seriously they are missing the big picture we've got Mrs Hardwick and they dont end of.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users