The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So how will this pan out for the Pies going forward? Surely players will be reticent to go there after this. But money talks so will the Pies have to entice players with more money? And the cycle continues......

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
So how will this pan out for the Pies going forward? Surely players will be reticent to go there after this. But money talks so will the Pies have to entice players with more money? And the cycle continues......
Wash
Rinse
Repeat

Tumble

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has to put a fracture in the club if there already isn't one, which there have been rumbles ruminating across the ether.

Somethings not right at the Skunk hole.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Has to put a fracture in the club if there already isn't one, which there have been rumbles ruminating across the ether.

I think it was on show in the final vs the Cats this year.
What I saw ( from the first quarter ) showed me something was amiss ...
Players threw that game.

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Just found out exactly what's going on down there.
*They had to clear at least 1.5mil
*They needed to resign Degoey and Milocheck
Now they have a clear path to get this bloke ready for 202120201114_192103.jpg

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Players threw that game.

Collingwood don't throw Finals, its in their DNA to have 'No Shows'.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Grundy has asked Adelaide to take him in the pre-season draft :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Players get over this sort of stuff pretty quickly. Not sure it will affect much going forward.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Pope Figgys had a crack at going all Dimmaesque and it failed the mask unveiled the fraud of Pope Figgy 2018/19.

This year we've had Pricky Pricky Chrissy trying to re brand himself as Conscientious Contrite Chris espousing philosophy.

Chrissy we know thats you under there give it up you failed also.

Then we also had.... Karen Kenny Hinkley trying to get in on the act this year.

Whose it gonna be next year ...... Guru Grandad/master Fago, or Simon Goodvibes Goodwin.

Seriously they are missing the big picture we've got Mrs Hardwick and they dont end of.....
His presser after last years preliminary loss was one of the most cringe worthy things I've even seen.....he made Basil Faulty look like an amateur!

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Players threw that game.

The issue with Collingwood is they don't like losing player's to other clubs. Period.
They're the GWS of Victoria, they resign their own player's on huge deals to keep them.
Elliott was offered 500k to go to Brisbane, instead of just overing him 350-400 to stay put, they matched the offer and he stayed.
Cox was on the verge of going to Essendon, so they resign him with an option of a 2nd year at unbelievable numbers.
Phillips just played in the GF, he played 40+ games in a row. So they give him a incentive based contract based on how many games he plays in the season.
He torched them, he played all 23 games last year and was owed 600k.
I reckon a 1st yr Accountant student would've been able to see the shiit they were getting themselves into.
But its over now. Thanks to hawthorn, North Melbourne and Footscary they helped Collingwood free up close to 2 million dollars. if they finally get Beams off the books, they will back in the black and singing.
If they come out and have a good start to the season (They usually do) the liitle Collingwood supporters will forget this ever happened.
I see Collingwood as big winners in the trade period.
It allows them to Reset.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The issue with Collingwood is they don't like losing player's to other clubs. Period.
They're the GWS of Victoria, they resign their own player's on huge deals to keep them.
Elliott was offered 500k to go to Brisbane, instead of just overing him 350-400 to stay put, they matched the offer and he stayed.
Cox was on the verge of going to Essendon, so they resign him with an option of a 2nd year at unbelievable numbers.
Phillips just played in the GF, he played 40+ games in a row. So they give him a incentive based contract based on how many games he plays in the season.
I reckon a 1st yr Accountant student would've been able to see the shiit they were getting themselves into.
But its over now. Thanks to hawthorn, North Melbourne and Footscary they helped Collingwood free up close to 2 million dollars. if they finally get Beams off the books, they will back in the black and singing.
If they come out and have a good start to the season (They usually do) the liitle Collingwood supporters will forget this ever happened.
It allows them to Reset.
Exactly.
Those three clubs bailed them out and if they get the AFL to ease Beams payout , well they get the lottery= savings of huge money...

But we still have hope.

Grundy on huge $
DeGoey just signed which could cause them issues further down the track.
Moore $$

Still hope.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
It allows them to Reset.
Not just the players they like losing. Buckley was going to coach lolnorf before fat Ed steeped in and whiteanted Malthouse with his “succession” plan. They were on the verge of probably a few more grand finals with that squad, but it all *smile* up because Ed couldn’t stand the thought of his love child coaching elsewhere. Has worked out well

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It allows them to Reset.
That all sounds pretty good Zips, Figgy is still their coach though.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Interesting thoughts jb03
Some counter thoughts
Effectively operating with a lower salary cap then everyone else for 5 years will impact all important depth in the list. To combat this they have a couple of options eg tremendous success with rookies. Easier said than done
Or get players to play for less to stay with the team. This is also difficult without being in premiership contention. Even more difficult if they over pay De Gooy

The internal sell is all important. From what we can see from the outside internal messaging is not a strength. This can be fixed but first you must admit that you have an issue. Ed just doesn’t seem the type to do this and it must start from the top
Grundypants on a mill a year.
Moore's new contract gotta be on 600 to 700 thou a year.
The Gooey one will be on 700 to 800 thou a year when he gets his new deal.
The Yankee Cox on 550 thou a year.
Grampa Pendles n Sidearse would both be on fat coin.

After all the crap that's just gone on with the massive overs they were willing to pay Trelol, TAB n the other bloke why would any other Colonwood player sit back n cop loose change just for the joy n privilege of pulling on a Colonwood jumper.