The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected]untroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Collingwood supporter's are spewing they're over the cap.
They have lost a high end recruit and a Norwich Rising star basically for nothing.
But there's more. 5 drafts in a row, Collingwood have given away their first round selection's away.
Take away the F/S & Acemdey selections, what kids has Hine drafted that look any good?
Has anyone got a list of the 4 kids Collingwood missed out on when they gave away 2 for Treloar and the 2 for Beams???

The 2 taken for Treloar were Weiderman and Logue (as the Giants traded both picks away).

For Beams, they gave up Ely Smith and Mitch Georgiadis, but gained enough picks to bid up for Quaynor in 2018.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The 2 taken for Treloar were Weiderman and Logue (as the Giants traded both picks away).

For Beams, they gave up Ely Smith and Mitch Georgiadis, but gained enough picks to bid up for Quaynor in 2018.

Basically they have missed no-one

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Pies and Dogs at loggerheads over how much Collingwood will cover of Treloar‘s contract.

Cant make this sh!t up.

Total disarray at the Lexus Centre.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Pies and Dogs at loggerheads over how much Collingwood will cover of Treloar‘s contract.

Cant make this sh!t up.

Total disarray at the Lexus Centre.
geez would have thought that would be sorted out before they did the trade. maybe the pies reneged on the deal? Or the doggies sensed weakness? Bizarre

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
geez would have thought that would be sorted out before they did the trade. maybe the pies reneged on the deal? Or the doggies sensed weakness? Bizarre
Maggots probably realised they are still out by 100 -150 K probably and trying to offload it on the Dogs.

Might be time for the auditors to pay Skunkville a visit.

Reactions: 3 users

eddazol

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 22, 2014
The AFL has given them extra time to sort this out. Amateur hour.

• Wow
  • Angry

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
My guess is the Pies mis-read the tea leaves, and thought the Beams salary would be counted outside the cap.

Since their pleas were rejected they still find themselves over the cap.

The blood letting may not be over yet.

Problem they have is they have already come out and said the fire sale was all about freeing up space to go after free agents.

Truth is they don’t have space to sign a rookie, let alone a marquee player.

Interesting times ahead perhaps.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

The_General

Be the reason someone believes in the good people.
May 4, 2004
An article i just read said the Dogs assumed the Pies were paying $300k per year and have based the trade acceptance on this. (It was "rumoured" to be the offer at the time....)
Apparently now, the clubs are a way off, and in one season the two clubs are $200k apart in expectations.
The AFL extended the contract/trade submission to Friday.
I hope the Bulldogs screw them hard-core.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My guess is the Pies mis-read the tea leaves, and thought the Beams salary would be counted outside the cap.

Since their pleas were rejected they still find themselves over the cap.

The blood letting may not be over yet.

Problem they have is they have already come out and said the fire sale was all about freeing up space to go after free agents.

Truth is they don’t have space to sign a rookie, let alone a marquee player.

Interesting times ahead perhaps.

How good is it?

Its probably going to cost them another one or two senior players minimum at years end next season.

When you look at their list there aint much serious quality on it for a club that has no spare room in its cap.

They couldn't shift the Statue of Spuddery, or Thomas, and also lost 3 of their best runners and goal kicking mids.

By the time they can get a Marquee in, (without shedding another 3-4 senior players) Pendles, Sidebottom will likely be gone and so will a couple of others.

They might just have hobbled themselves and ruined their window....... :))

Long may this cripple them.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Smelling to me like the Woofers have been stupid enough to bend over with their shorts down around their ankles and Colonwood have spotted the perfect opportunity to get some serious arse reaming done.
Beggars belief that a massive deal like this could be done on the assumption of some crap that was speculated in the media a week before the trade.
Rampant stupidity by the Woofers to take on a $600 a year player when his contract is $900 a year without getting an iron clad guarantee that the vendor is covering the difference.
Eddeeeee will be prancing around with the biggest chubby imaginable over how this is playing out.

Reactions: 2 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
So bizarre.
Why would the Dogs not have got a written agreement stipulating the payment terms of Treloars contract, with the details of both parties share?
That is amateur.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
What exactly did the incompetent morons at the AFL sign off on then...seriously the whole place is a joke. How Gil the Dill was seen as hero in the past year still floors me. He and his cronies like sHocking are dead set hopeless.

Reactions: 4 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Pretty funny that all the list management 'experts' .... ie: Rendell, Pelchen, SoS etc were falling over eachother, rushing to crown Sam Power the king of the trade period.
Anyway, as we know, it'll all be resolved when Eddie rolls over in the morning and tells Gil.... "Listen up, this is what we're doing!"

Reactions: 1 users