The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Big h'Ed brought Bucks in as a guaranteed Premier coach. .....kamikaz'ing before the inevitable coach cut.
Actually I feel a little for Buckley, it was a perfect fail setup and he's a nice guy that didn't deserve it.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
How. Mother. Trucking. Sweet. It. Is. I need a blowtorch to wipe the smile off my dial right now. This prick should've been out the door so so many times. We live in blessed times my friends. Rejoice.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Past his best but it's not a bad thing that someone who still wields so much influence is out of the way.

A lot of Ross Lyon about being five goals up in 2018. A flag there and his legacy looks markedly different.

Reactions: 1 user

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Just had another thought.
Is it just possible that big h'Ed thinks his imminent departure is so seismic it will spur them to some famous final Victory?

A 2021 pies gutter drubbing just became more tasty.

And I'm sick of that stupid millionaire show too!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Big h'Ed brought Bucks in as a guaranteed Premier coach. .....kamikaz'ing before the inevitable coach cut.
Actually I feel a little for Buckley, it was a perfect fail setup and he's a nice guy that didn't deserve it.
Did you forget to put a smile, or a wink at the end your post :mhihi ;)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In the mayne main he's been a good president, always in the media, sticking up for them. Getting beat twice by Brisbane must have hurt. He did get 2010, and it looked like a golden era beckoned. Bungled the Malthouse exit. Thank Christ for Dom Sheed. The casual racism was always a trademark.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Kind of disappointed in this. Ed and Bucks were the ideal dumbass duo that could and wouldn’t get the poops a premiership.
sad to see deadwood going.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Don't get too excited. Can easily see Ed doing a Kennett.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pies might well be signalling that they expect to go into somewhat of a rebuild ....which they need to do even with no salary cap space overpaying too many spuds.

Did anyone bother to tell Brodie they might be trying to rebuild on the sly before he resigned for the rest of his career.

Jordy only signed for 2.

Last edited:

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think they are doing an Adelaide - should have missed the 8 this year by rights. That finals game against the cats was no accident - the players got wind of what was happening with the pending trades is my guess.

I reckon their culture is shot and I can see them struggling big time next year with Degoey, Grundy, Pendles all struggling with injuries. There bodies looked shot.

Do it for Ed in 2021................... fall of the cliff I mean.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jordy only signed for 2.
For a bloke who's never been top 10 in their BnF, two years is more than long enough. Blokes still getting paid more than double what he's worth even after they trimmed his asking price.
Colonwood should have shopped him around big time n given themselves some proper cap space.

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Eddie did an amazing job for an ex Channel 10 sports reporter to turn the club around when they were in deep do do. Took them from a dark place into a very powerful club again. For a time, THE powerful club. Lexus centre....MCG home ground...AFL not prepared to take him on etc. However Caesar McGuire also made a number of mistakes. The Pubs deal is high on the list, I was told has his fingerprints on it and was costly. Maybe (conjecture only) he may have also had more influence in parts of the Club that were not Presidential tasks. What if, something like the salary cap pressure had something to do with his departure. At the least it’s sort of interesting timing? 21 years is a bloody long time to be President anyway.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If anyone wants to enjoy a bit more of Collingwood misery, the 1980 Grand final is on now on FoxFooty:cupgold:banana

• Haha