The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Call me a sceptic but every chance its an orchestrated story to extract some public sympathy. His brand is damaged and he'll have PR and media advisors telling him what he needs to do to recover quickly.

Step 1: Lay Low
Step 2: Leak story's that he is struggling
Step 3: Exclusive (fully scripted) interview (with a mate) to confirm Step 2
Step 4: Leak some news about how he is working for charities since his departure from Collingwood
Step 5: Have the Holden center renamed the McGuire center and erect a statue of him out the front - job done.
King K

I think we need to include a few more steps to Eddies redemption

Step 1 Stepping down .control the narrative and show your human side .at the first press conference. Become emotional when recounting all the good you have done (gloss over the bad stuff). Be emotional but don’t tear up too much .touch on your family and being connected to the community and just how much it means to you .it’s your passion. Being good and helping others .give some vague examples of this.

Step 2 Lay low

Step 3 Leak the story that he is struggling but staying strong for the benefit of others and the club

Step 4 Leak some news about him working for a Mental health/indigenous organisation’s since his departure from Collingwood

Step 5 Exclusive story in New Idea on his ground breaking work with a ‘remote indigenous community’.

Step 6 Appear on some soft media talk show (the Studio 10 show or keeping it on channel 9 today extra would be perfect) talking about his weight lost program and his new found identity ( pre and post pictures would be perfect again) The narrative .he is a new man, new focus on life and he needed to go through this ‘re-adjustment’. Explain in some detail what is important to him now and how he can fix the negative culture of the AFL , now that has work with ‘the indigenous communities’

Step 7 get on a board of a high profile company with links to sport and the indigenous community

Step 8 leak this news (see step 7) on channel nine ( the late news would be fine)

Step 9 become of committee member of a local afl club ( pictures of him cooking the BBQ)

Step 10 Rename the road that runs down the front of the Holden McGuire center

Step 11 a media blitz on Eddie returning to the board of Collingwood, not as the president but as the a general committee member in charge of indigenous support programs within the Club.

Redemption = Tick

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
King K

I think we need to include a few more steps to Eddies redemption

Step 1 Stepping down .control the narrative and show your human side .at the first press conference. Become emotional when recounting all the good you have done (gloss over the bad stuff). Be emotional but don’t tear up too much .touch on your family and being connected to the community and just how much it means to you .it’s your passion. Being good and helping others .give some vague examples of this.

Step 2 Lay low

Step 3 Leak the story that he is struggling but staying strong for the benefit of others and the club

Step 4 Leak some news about him working for a Mental health/indigenous organisation’s since his departure from Collingwood

Step 5 Exclusive story in New Idea on his ground breaking work with a ‘remote indigenous community’.

Step 6 Appear on some soft media talk show (the Studio 10 show or keeping it on channel 9 today extra would be perfect) talking about his weight lost program and his new found identity ( pre and post pictures would be perfect again) The narrative .he is a new man, new focus on life and he needed to go through this ‘re-adjustment’. Explain in some detail what is important to him now and how he can fix the negative culture of the AFL , now that has work with ‘the indigenous communities’

Step 7 get on a board of a high profile company with links to sport and the indigenous community

Step 8 leak this news (see step 7) on channel nine ( the late news would be fine)

Step 9 become of committee member of a local afl club ( pictures of him cooking the BBQ)

Step 10 Rename the road that runs down the front of the Holden McGuire center

Step 11 a media blitz on Eddie returning to the board of Collingwood, not as the president but as the a general committee member in charge of indigenous support programs within the Club.

Redemption = Tick
You're clearly a PR person and a good one at that, however, I'm not sure patience is one of Ed's strong suites.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Back then our ‘entertainment’ industry was full of people who hadn’t made it at home so they came here.
we did have some quality though. Graham Kennedy could have made it anywhere I reckon. Bert Newton as the professional sidekick. But other than that there wasn't much around.

Anyway, back to Collingwood. What years did Zig & Zag coach them?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I thought he had to walk three days through the jungle to get a signal over there in Fiji? Must have been very keen to make his point.
Will go down well in his adopted country too... 37% are Indian ethnicity.
Racistwood might change to an all white uniform.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
On last night's performance you'd be backing the Pies not to make the 8.

It would be delicious to see the Pies finish bottom 4 while Treloar and Stephenson come 2nd and 3rd in the Brownlow behind D. Martin.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I have just started reading a book titled: 'Finding Jack Dyer' here is a paragraph from it:

Year 1929

Collingwood had beaten Richmond for the Premiership for the third year in a row.
Collingwood, Collingwood, Collingwood.
For a Tiger, just saying 'Collingwood' turned your mouth into a snarl, your top lip into a hook, like you were chewing on peppered onions. South of Victoria Street, hatred of Collingwood was part of your breeding. At the Punt Road Oval, the word 'Collingwood' was a disease, uttered as if a great sickness. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I have just started reading a book titled: 'Finding Jack Dyer' here is a paragraph from it:

Year 1929

Collingwood had beaten Richmond for the Premiership for the third year in a row.
For a Tiger, just saying 'Collingwood' turned your mouth into a snarl, your top lip into a hook, like you were chewing on peppered onions. South of Victoria Street, hatred of Collingwood was part of your breeding. At the Punt Road Oval, the word 'Collingwood' was a disease, uttered as if a great sickness. :)
And now that's us.

Everyone is sick of us, everyone hates us, everyone fears the powerhouse.

What a time to be a Tiger.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
On last night's performance you'd be backing the Pies not to make the 8.

It would be delicious to see the Pies finish bottom 4 while Treloar and Stephenson come 2nd and 3rd in the Brownlow behind D. Martin.
Sounds good Bear I like it.

But I really really really want to see us belt the living suitcase out of them to shut them up once and for all.

They still beleive they are equal to us because we never bash them up and that spud always seemingly plays his best against us.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Year 1929

I reckon our Great Captain Blood hated them almost as much as I do.

• Haha

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

Year 1929

I’ve got that book. As a teenager, when Jack wasn’t getting any interest from the tigers, he requested a clearance to play for Collingwood (he was playing for St Ignatious and zoned to Richmond) relying on the rivalry and hatred for the mob across Victoria Street to force Richmonds hand.
The rest is history!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Glad we got the 4 points. Now I can relax and watch Treloar run all over Figgy's Pies tomorrow night. :))

• Haha