The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Re: March to The top 4 - 2019

I have us 16-6 at the close of r23.

Draw does us no favours. Bottom six games are mostly away.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Ian4 said:
2 losses in Melbourne out of 30 is why we will beat the dogs. we must be on a 6-7 game winning streak at Marvel by now.

Current 5 game winning streak at marvel. Our equal best ever streak at the venue.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Baron Samedi said:
I have us 16-6 at the close of r23.

Draw does us no favours. Bottom six games are mostly away.

That would be an outstanding result and enough for top 4; hopefully top 2.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Ridley said:
That would be an outstanding result and enough for top 4; hopefully top 2.

how could we not? 15 wins is enough, which means we need to win 11 out of 16 games. i can't see us losing more than 5 games with our draw.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Top 4 gone

Just need to try to make the 8 now

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’ve got us down for 4 more losses

Freo (Away) Adelaide (Away) Geel Coll

Plenty of wins to come

It was a shitty night but it doesn’t matter ... the boys will be back.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
this year we could just set it up for next year.
bring in CD play him at HB
bring in Naish, play him on the wing
bring in Townsend and get him to destroy someone before he gets delisted

no more Menadue,
no more castagna
no more Ellis

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
We are a mediocre side with the injuries we have. Far too many players whose skills are not up to it.

Will be part of the logjam for the lower rungs of the 8. But well short if the big boys.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It's going to take a lot of determination and grit, as well as a healthy chunk of luck, for the Tigers to turn the season around.
Must keep aiming for the finals but it would be extraordinary if the Tigers turned out to be a serious threat for the flag.

Not sure 2019 is going to be our year. If the results continue to regularly go against Richmond then the Club needs to have a vision for 2020 (pardon the pun there) that focuses on getting games into the younger players. Got to see what these young players can do in the heat of the moment, because there are a few current senior 22 players who still get gifted games, in my opinion, who have time and time again shown that they aren't able to execute basic skills or perform an an elite level when the heat/pressure is on.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

se7en said:
Top 4 gone

Just need to try to make the 8 now

Really weak season. GWS, Collingwood Geelong might only lose another 1-2 games for the rest of the year.
The flag will go to any of these 4 GWS Geelong Collingwood or West Coast
At the moment Geelong just over Collingwood

Port, making up the numbers
Adelaide, are just headFked
Freo, will get slapped anywhere near the G,
Sydney and Hawthorn will be relegated

If we make the 8, we might just cop another 1995/2001 result to end our year.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Posted after rd 2 or 3 that i reckon we'll be right & with our injuries we need to weather the storm for a little while. Still maintain that outlook now & losses will happen along the way. Never give up!!! #GoTiges

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Bullarto Tiger said:
It's going to take a lot of determination and grit, as well as a healthy chunk of luck, for the Tigers to turn the season around.
Must keep aiming for the finals but it would be extraordinary if the Tigers turned out to be a serious threat for the flag.

Not sure 2019 is going to be our year. If the results continue to regularly go against Richmond then the Club needs to have a vision for 2020 (pardon the pun there) that focuses on getting games into the younger players. Got to see what these young players can do in the heat of the moment, because there are a few current senior 22 players who still get gifted games, in my opinion, who have time and time again shown that they aren't able to execute basic skills or perform an an elite level when the heat/pressure is on.

It might still be a bit early to right us off yet. We still have a positive win loss ratio at 4:3 and should be in the 8 at the end of the round.

As others have said, we just need to grit it out through to the bye and pick up a couple of bonus wins during this time. It’s not as if we are in the dees or swanies position where they are seriously behind the 8 ball but I wouldn’t even right them off either.

Hopefully our run with injuries improve and in the back half of the year we have all our players back (except for Rance and Grigg obviously) and that’s when we make our run to the top 4.

Give our injuries I think we have done extremely well. After the GWS loss, I couldn’t see us winning many more games and then we went out and jagged 3:wins in a row.

In 2017, we had the Adelaide and saints losses which were ugly to watch, just like last night, but we need to grind out the next few months and hopefully get ourselves in a position to make a run at it at the right time.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jonesracing82 said:
Posted after rd 2 or 3 that i reckon we'll be right & with our injuries we need to weather the storm for a little while. Still maintain that outlook now & losses will happen along the way. Never give up!!! #GoTiges

People are saying ‘let’s weather the storm’ till we get players back. That’s great. But it rarely works.
Do you think Astbury can miss 6 weeks and come back and be ready to go? No Chance
Same with Cotchin, same with Jack. They aren’t missing 2 or 3 weeks they’re virtually missing QTR of the season.
It’s a very false hope. Justin Charles wasn’t injured but suspended and missed 11 or 12 weeks and struggled to return.
The only footballer I can remember that could return from a long lay off and blitz was RICHO..
Plus the last 8 games at the G, we still have Collingwood, GWS and thrown in West Coast.
Set this year up for next. Not worth finishing top 6 and get a ‘Melbourne’ outcome.
Bring in Naish, CD, CJ,.