The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Ridiculous statement. You try your poopa off to make the 8 and then anything could happen, especially when at our best we could win it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Re: March to The top 4 - 2019

would have much preferred to go to Freo 5-2, but even if we lose this week, we'll win our next 3 and still turn at 7-4 halfway. top 4 is still well within our sights.

zippadeee said:
Really weak season. GWS, Collingwood Geelong might only lose another 1-2 games for the rest of the year.
The flag will go to any of these 4 GWS Geelong Collingwood or West Coast
At the moment Geelong just over Collingwood

still not convinced about Geelong. peaking too early i reckon. Collingwood are the favourites IMO.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
People are saying ‘let’s weather the storm’ till we get players back. That’s great. But it rarely works.
Do you think Astbury can miss 6 weeks and come back and be ready to go? No Chance
Same with Cotchin, same with Jack. They aren’t missing 2 or 3 weeks they’re virtually missing QTR of the season.
It’s a very false hope. Justin Charles wasn’t injured but suspended and missed 11 or 12 weeks and struggled to return.
The only footballer I can remember that could return from a long lay off and blitz was RICHO..
Plus the last 8 games at the G, we still have Collingwood, GWS and thrown in West Coast.
Set this year up for next. Not worth finishing top 6 and get a ‘Melbourne’ outcome.
Bring in Naish, CD, CJ,.

So sitting at 4-3 at Round 7 = Pack up camp and go home?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Have we seen the daylight at our own home yet? No.

8 rounds in, and it's 3 night games at the G, 2 night games at the Dump and, already, 3 interstate games.

Round 9 against the Hawks is twilight and we won't see an afternoon game until we meet GWS at the G in Round 17!!

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
zippadeee said:
Set this year up for next. Not worth finishing top 6 and get a ‘Melbourne’ outcome.
Bring in Naish, CD, CJ,.

Is it worth finishing 7th and getting a Bulldogs outcome?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Ian4 said:
would have much preferred to go to Freo 5-2, but even if we lose this week, we'll win our next 3 and still turn at 7-4 halfway. top 4 is still well within our sights.

still not convinced about Geelong. peaking too early i reckon. Collingwood are the favourites IMO.

Yeh, cats are overrated but will end up Top 4. Hopefully we get to play them in their "home" final. Reckon we have their measure as do Pies.

If West Coast can manage their way to top 4 they will be hard to toss.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I still think we,ll creep into 7th or 8th but just making up numbers.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I feel like we're kinda at a crossroads. Do we persist and go full throttle with our high pressure, low possession, chaos game plan or do we take 1 step back and develop a slightly lower tempo, higher possession based game plan. This would impact on the players we pick at the selection table going forward.

It's a dilemma because we'll have a better chance of winning the flag this year if we stick to our current way, but I feel that it may go pear shaped quickly and our long term success may suffer if we don't try to evolve. Hopefully we can tweak our game just enough to achieve success both in the short and long term.

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border

Ian4 said:

I agree Collingwood are favourites. Hand crafted draw. Only been out of Melb once, that was to Brissy.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

mexican_radio said:
I agree Collingwood are favourites. Hand crafted draw. Only been out of Melb once, that was to Brissy.

and we don't leave melbourne after R16. i'd rather our draw. get those games out of the way early.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Harry said:
I feel like we're kinda at a crossroads. Do we persist and go full throttle with our high pressure, low possession, chaos game plan or do we take 1 step back and develop a slightly lower tempo, higher possession based game plan. This would impact on the players we pick at the selection table going forward.

It's a dilemma because we'll have a better chance of winning the flag this year if we stick to our current way, but I feel that it may go pear shaped quickly and our long term success may suffer if we don't try to evolve. Hopefully we can tweak our game just enough to achieve success both in the short and long term.

Stick with it, get better kicks in the team.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

MD Jazz said:
Yeh, cats are overrated but will end up Top 4. Hopefully we get to play them in their "home" final. Reckon we have their measure as do Pies.

If West Coast can manage their way to top 4 they will be hard to toss.
Cats schmats, they always crumble in September anyway & as we did last yr they are peaking too early, them & Pies have only used 26 players so have great continuity atm which we have never had this season except with a younger side. Our guns will be fresh in September we just need to hold on & get through this stage & we'll be right.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Harry said:

Personally think we stick with it, still more wins than anyone else over the last 2 yrs with that style, it stands up over time.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Back into the 8 and now look like we belong. All kudos to our young debutants who are stepping up beautifully.

Without our two road trips bringing back the points “against the odds” we would be 3 and 5 and sitting down with the dreadful dees and over hyped Dons.

The dees are just starting to bank some ugly wins and may make a run for it - I still think they can make it (with Lever and May back in) and the dons, well they start slowly and then make a dash when there is no tomorrow although I am less confident they can do that again this year - we need to beat them in two weeks time.

Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but would love to be 8 and 3 before we get the cats the crows (away)

5 and 3 at least gives us some breathing space as we work through these injuries.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
DirtyDogTiger said:
R1. V Carlton MCG. ✅. Win#1
R2. V Collingwood MCG . Lost
R3. V GWS Away. . Lost
R4. V. Port. Away. ✅. Win #2
R5. v. Swans. Marvel ✅. Win # 3.
R6. v Melb. MCG. ✅. Win # 4.
R7. v West BD. Marvel. lost
R8. v. Freo. away. ✅. Win # 5. (5-3)
R9 v Haw MCG
R10. v. Ess. MCG
R11. v. North. Marvel
R12. v. Geel. MCG
R13. v. Adel. away
R14. v. Saints. Marvel
R15. v. GC. Suns away
R16. v. GWS. MCG
R17. V. Port. MCG
R18. V. Coll. MCG
R19. v. Melb. MCG
R20. v Carl. MCG
R21. v. WCE. MCG
R22. v. Bris. MCG

Updated 5-3

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
DirtyDogTiger said:
I have a question

Can everyone (I-phone Samsung other and PC) see the little associated emoticons below ?

✅

I can see them on my PC and on my OnePlus 6 Android phone.
But on the phone, the tick's background is not green, just transparent.