The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Che%20Guevara%20College%20of%20Visual%20Arts.jpg

He's listening, go ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Geelong beats Brisbane
We Beat Eagles by 31+
We then beat Brisbane by more than Eagles beat Hawthorn

Long shot but not zero chance

I'm not relying on that. the eagles missing the top 2 is by far our best chance of winning the flag. Go Lions this week.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Alternately if we have to drop 1, let it be in the next fortnight
Problem is we don't have the wriggle room with Scumwood a game behind with better %.

Let's hope the Crows can roll them tomorrow. We've gotta finish top 4. Really don't want to meet the Dogs in the first week of the finals which is a real possibility if we finish 5th. It's hard to fathom but they really have our measure over the last few years.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Problem is we don't have the wriggle room with Scumwood a game behind with better %.

Let's hope the Crows can roll them tomorrow. We've gotta finish top 4. Really don't want to meet the Dogs in the first week of the finals which is a real possibility if we finish 5th. It's hard to fathom but they really have our measure over the last few years.

they have our measure at shitsville. do they have it at The G?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
they have our measure at shitsville. do they have it at The G?

Fair point. We beat them there in the last game last year but we were extremely lucky to win. That said we couldn't lose top spot so it's hard to know what to read from that game. Still, would rather play anyone else but them in the finals. Reckon they'd still be be the best chance to beat us at the G; maybe the Eagles as well. We'll find out on Sunday I guess.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Finishing 4th is key.
Finishing 5th could mean an early exit at the hands of the Dogs.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
We can absolutely hunt through four finals from fifth position.

A loss tomorrow could be a blessing in disguise.

Consider the fact that we’ve all been hoping like hell we get Geelong at the G. A fixturing quirk that forces the top side to play “away” to fourth.

Consider that the other two sides in the top four are interstate. If we finish fourth, one could argue that on merit alone we deserve to play interstate to one of those sides. A situation where a loss would have been likely, at least against WC.

So why not view finishing fifth and having to play four finals as the same as losing an interstate QF?

The difference being that we are likely to start September with a resounding win over a depleted Essendon, then play a depleted Collingwood at the G, followed by bunnies Brisbane away in the PF!

I could most certainly live with that.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We can absolutely hunt through four finals from fifth position.

A loss tomorrow could be a blessing in disguise.

Consider the fact that we’ve all been hoping like hell we get Geelong at the G. A fixturing quirk that forces the top side to play “away” to fourth.

Consider that the other two sides in the top four are interstate. If we finish fourth, one could argue that on merit alone we deserve to play interstate to one of those sides. A situation where a loss would have been likely, at least against WC.

So why not view finishing fifth and having to play four finals as the same as losing an interstate QF?

The difference being that we are likely to start September with a resounding win over a depleted Essendon, then play a depleted Collingwood at the G, followed by bunnies Brisbane away in the PF!

I could most certainly live with that.
I we finished 5th I’d be disappointed but we are are almost certainly $1.02 favourites to win our final.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Its weird. Every way I do the ladder predictor, us winning the next 2 or losing the next 2 or 1 and 1, I come up with a Richmond V West Coast GF.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The easiest thing and most possible for me to figure out is

Rich d WCE , Geel d Carlton,
WCE d Haw, Rich d Bris
All by 20 points

So we play Geel (MCG) in the QF.

But when we play Brisbane, we will all be holding calculators instead of pies and beer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I watched the Brisbane V cats closely yesterday,

and didnt see a premiership contender.

I saw, what in a normal season, would be two sides fighting for 5th and 6th.

I am expecting to see The heavy weight bout today.

barring injury, the two best credentialed sides in the competition by quite a margin.

and I think these two are only separated by a bit of luck.