The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We were getting on top in the 2nd when it was still dry.
Yep we smashed them in the dry in the second quarter. Should have been in front at half except for horrible misses from Castagna and Riewoldt.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Looks like QF1 at the G v Pricky's Cats is a definite.

The top 4 will all finish 16-6 next week. Brisbane v WC at the Gabba in QF2.

That’s why Simpson was so pissed that they lost - they were playing for a home QF which has most likely gone.

There is no team now that really worries me as long as we bring our game regardless of next week.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like the top 8 is just about settled with the Chokers locked in 5th spot now.

They'd meet either the Dogs or the Bummers in the E1 final. Hopefully the Dogs.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Best thing is that week one will be laid out in front of us before we play. Geelong can't afford to drop their home game to Carlton or they'll probaably be headed interstate. West Coast can't afford to lose to Hawthorn or they'll miss the double chance.

Reactions: 1 user

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
So just imagine the FX of a solid win over the top team in the last H&A, after this turbulent round's results. I hope we go hard as hell, we can rest the week after. March was a long time ago.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Is Jon Anderson a Geelong supporter?

Interesting way of writing his comment in the Hun today stating that we're hoping to meet Geelong in QF so that it's a 'home' game for us.

Those apostrophes looked sarcastic.....

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Is it just my Richmond goggles but did our game - both us and West Coast - look a level above the Geelong Brisbane game? We will see next weekend but if we play that way again next week Brisbane should not get close to us.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Is it just my Richmond goggles but did our game - both us and West Coast - look a level above the Geelong Brisbane game? We will see next weekend but if we play that way again next week Brisbane should not get close to us.
Lot of fumblieng in the cats game, and both cats and lions played negative hug the boundary footy

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Huge result yesterday, Huge. Not only have we consolidated top 4, but we have denied our biggest threat a top 2 spot. While we need to make sure we're up for it on Sunday, Brisbane doesn't worry me at all. expecting a solid win.

still pumped from yesterday though. very stressful game and was doing a lot of fist pumping when the final siren went.

100%. was a pretty high quality game, despite the conditions.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Since the current final system, the premier has come from the top 3 positions on the ladder 18 times out of 19.

1st - won it 6 times
2nd - won it 6 times
3rd - won it 6 times
7th - won it once

Interestingly, the 4th place team has never won the premiership.

This shows two things:

1. One of the best teams during the year win the premiership almost all of the time.

2. There is a signficant home ground advantage/double chance in finishing Top 4.

I know teams can win it from the 5 to 8, but is such a small probability (less than 5% I reckon)

Huge games this week to establish the Top 4.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Interesting way of writing his comment in the Hun today stating that we're hoping to meet Geelong in QF so that it's a 'home' game for us.

He certainly is; another Geelong media whinger.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

He's had various digs at us throughout the year in that *smile* "super ladder" article that comes out on Sunday nights.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016

Salty as all get out

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
That’s why Simpson was so pissed that they lost - they were playing for a home QF which has most likely gone.

There is no team now that really worries me as long as we bring our game regardless of next week.
Strangely the Bulldogs would worry me the most. Should have beaten us round 23 last year and creamed us at Marvel this year.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Go bombers....reduce my stress levels from the get go on Friday!
I think i just did a little sick in my mouth saying that....

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
In spite of winning 8 straight, would like a stronger percentage at this time of year.
Has pretty much forced us to have to win this week again despite winning 8 in a row to guarantee a top 4 spot & the all important double chance.