The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
^True that, but I'll take a win over %. Look at how important our R19 win over the pies is now!

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Is Jon Anderson a Geelong supporter?

Interesting way of writing his comment in the Hun today stating that we're hoping to meet Geelong in QF so that it's a 'home' game for us.

Those apostrophes looked sarcastic.....
Already stated that he is and just another gossip columnist when it's all said and done.
Ironic that a bloke who throws the odd grenade has forgotten gettin on the *smile* and turning his local pizza joint into a drive thru!:mhihi

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
So yesterday’s win was 8 in a row.

If we don’t lose another one this year then it’s premiership #12 AND 12 in a row.

= best

Richnond winning streaks
12. - 1932
11. - 1980
10 - 1934
10 - 1967
10 - 1972
9 - 2014
9 - 1921
9 - 1930
9 - 1974

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
So yesterday’s win was 8 in a row.

If we don’t lose another one this year then it’s premiership #12 AND 12 in a row.

= best

Richnond winning streaks
12. - 1932
11. - 1980
10 - 1934
10 - 1967
10 - 1972
9 - 2014
9 - 1921
9 - 1930
9 - 1974
Let's get ahead of ourselves and count R1 2020 against carlton for 13 and a new record

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
West Coast is our clear no.1 obstacle to winning the flag. Dogs second, in my book. We were 5 goals better than West Coast on Sunday. What can they do to close that gap?

For a start, they were a man down by half time. It's only Hutchings, but they all count. He is best 22. It's a hammy, he's probably back sometime in the finals.

NicNat. Maybe. Unknown factor - he could kill us out of the guts or be a complete liability. He's a talisman for them, they'll want him in.

Duggan played in the WAFL, his first game since R16. He'll come in for Nelson, gives them more run out of defence. Schofield for Rotham, margin call. Masten will probably take Hutchings' spot this week.

If I were them I'd bring in Cameron for Petrucelle. Or upgrade the useless Waterman and really stretch our small backs for pace. If NicNat gets back they might keep Hickey and dump Waterman and save Allen from getting killed by Nank.

They can get better. But so can we. Chimp, Nank. Probably not Stack, but gee it would be nice. Pickett? I wouldn't write him off based on Saturday's game. We saw with Stack, the MC is prepared to back their projected output at AFL level. If it is to be for him, you'd think they'll have to try him this week. Probably won't. Continuity, connection, etc. Understanding.

We can improve via not just personnel but execution. Less fumbling, better conversion. Deny their marking game. Contested ball - even more important. Last year they lifted from getting smacked in that department to breaking even in the finals. We smacked them on Sunday. That's why Ross stays, for me. We bring in Chimp and increase the advantage. Soldo stays. Graham and Caddy stay.

Having said that, it's going to be tough to find anyone to drop for Chimp this week. Short of course is my choice, but they won't because backline understanding as above. Baker? It would mean shifting someone back. Can't take Edwards out of the midfield. Could Graham go back? He has. Could we take the p155 and play Chimp at half-back? Unlikely. Maybe after he turns 30. Maybe Ross. Rioli, with Graham forward? Danny should have been given a few weeks at half-back already. They haven't, so they probably won't. Maybe the Wheel of Misfortune does land on Ross.

Fascinating to be a fly on the wall at MC this week, and for the next month.

Reactions: 5 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
West Coast is our clear no.1 obstacle to winning the flag. Dogs second, in my book. We were 5 goals better than West Coast on Sunday. What can they do to close that gap?

For a start, they were a man down by half time. It's only Hutchings, but they all count. He is best 22. It's a hammy, he's probably back sometime in the finals.

NicNat. Maybe. Unknown factor - he could kill us out of the guts or be a complete liability. He's a talisman for them, they'll want him in.

Duggan played in the WAFL, his first game since R16. He'll come in for Nelson, gives them more run out of defence. Schofield for Rotham, margin call. Masten will probably take Hutchings' spot this week.

If I were them I'd bring in Cameron for Petrucelle. Or upgrade the useless Waterman and really stretch our small backs for pace. If NicNat gets back they might keep Hickey and dump Waterman and save Allen from getting killed by Nank.

They can get better. But so can we. Chimp, Nank. Probably not Stack, but gee it would be nice. Pickett? I wouldn't write him off based on Saturday's game. We saw with Stack, the MC is prepared to back their projected output at AFL level. If it is to be for him, you'd think they'll have to try him this week. Probably won't. Continuity, connection, etc. Understanding.

We can improve via not just personnel but execution. Less fumbling, better conversion. Deny their marking game. Contested ball - even more important. Last year they lifted from getting smacked in that department to breaking even in the finals. We smacked them on Sunday. That's why Ross stays, for me. We bring in Chimp and increase the advantage. Soldo stays. Graham and Caddy stay.

Having said that, it's going to be tough to find anyone to drop for Chimp this week. Short of course is my choice, but they won't because backline understanding as above. Baker? It would mean shifting someone back. Can't take Edwards out of the midfield. Could Graham go back? He has. Could we take the p155 and play Chimp at half-back? Unlikely. Maybe after he turns 30. Maybe Ross. Rioli, with Graham forward? Danny should have been given a few weeks at half-back already. They haven't, so they probably won't. Maybe the Wheel of Misfortune does land on Ross.

Fascinating to be a fly on the wall at MC this week, and for the next month.

Yep, agree wholeheartedly, Spook. These are the three with the most realistic chances.

Just in case there is anyone on the universe who doesn’t understand how important Al Clarkson is in the history of our game, this year lays it out for all to see. The last six flags have gone to either Clarkson, or one of his proteges (Beveridge, Hardwick and Simpson). This year, the contenders are those three and Fagan (another protégé). Standing in the way are Salty Scott and Nathan Figjam. Should GWS suddenly get their act together (unlikely) Cameron is yet another protégé anyway.

What are the chances that one of the four wins it? Surely, it has to be at least a 95% chance?

WC is the most skilful team and WB have the most grunt. Their inside midfield group is ridiculously good, Bontempelli, McRae and Dunkley provide the big bodies. Their backline is full of no-names but is also holding up well. Now that their forward line is coming to the party, watch out.

We need to sort out our best ruck combination but it won’t be long before Hardwick figures out that Soldo is a necessary part of the puzzle. We are the least susceptible to injury of the contenders as our depth is extraordinary. If a game of AFL was 30 v 30, we would be nearly unbeatable.

We have grunt in the middle, pace on the outside, the strongest defensive system and a very dangerous forward line. We are lethal in the wet and damned good the rest of the time. We have the best crew of two-way runners south of the Mexican border, and that is saying something!

Its gunna be epic over the next few weeks.

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon the season deserves a Richmond v West Coast GF. the best 2 teams of the last couple of year face off. lot of water under the bridge to pass until then.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
is it just me or are Essendon going to do everything to loose on Friday night - managing players and doing everything to appear to provide the illusion of being competitive but saying no thanks to the 4 points. Giving the pies a chance to finish top 4 and avoiding them week 1 of the finals.. I think you will see two teams at each end of the "effort" spectrum on Friday night

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
is it just me or are Essendon going to do everything to loose on Friday night - managing players and doing everything to appear to provide the illusion of being competitive but saying no thanks to the 4 points. Giving the pies a chance to finish top 4 and avoiding them week 1 of the finals.. I think you will see two teams at each end of the "effort" spectrum on Friday night

Don’t know about that.

Essendon lose, they open up the possibility that they finish 8th and play either Collingwood, Richmond or WC in their Elimination Final.

They win and they guarantee that they finish 7th and play GWS, maybe even at the MCG if GWS drop another one they should win, unlikely as that seems. A draw would be a great result too, for them, not Collingwood.

The Dons will be trying to win on Friday night.

B

Bill James

ROUND 23
Rich d Bris by 70 points
Carl d Geel
Ess d Coll
Haw d WC
Adel d Bull we really don't want to play the Bulldogs.

LADDER
Rich
Bris
Geel
WC
Coll
GWS
Ess
Haw

First week of finals.
Rich d WC at the MCG by 6 points in the dry, lose the free kick count. Jack kicks the winning goal after the siren from a studs up mark in the square
Bris d Geel at the Gabba by 1 point after a Geel behind is called playon by the goal umpire.
Haw d Coll after extra time purely for the joy it will bring the starving millions.
Ess d GWS and Delidio buys a season pass to the zoo.

Second week of finals prove R23 was no fluke
Haw d WC at Optus again with Roughie coming out of retirement to kick 6.
Ess d Coll by less than a kick with three blatant holding the ball decisions not given against Tippa late in the last, Coll crowd boo Tippenwoody off the ground. (Racist lack of class.)

Prelims - Pretenders realise they are pretending
Rich d Ess by lots
Bris d Haw by plenty

GF
Rich d Bris by 70 points

Can I get a multi on that or just buy a powerball ticket with a better chance. :)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

according to my Essendon supporting mate, they are getting players back this week. Bellchambers and someone else (can't recall).

btw, Geelong could also lose on purpose so they avoid us and play Brisbane instead, consigning us to a trip west.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If geelong lose they'll most likely drop to 4th and eagles finish top. They wouldn't want that

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I would love for us to finish 1st anf geelong 4th. After all their bleating about how wrong it is to play their home final at the G as if they had 1st sown up 4 months ago.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think West Coast stand in our way of the flag, but Collingwood are the smokey who trouble me next most

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Don’t know about that.

Essendon lose, they open up the possibility that they finish 8th and play either Collingwood, Richmond or WC in their Elimination Final.

They win and they guarantee that they finish 7th and play GWS, maybe even at the MCG if GWS drop another one they should win, unlikely as that seems. A draw would be a great result too, for them, not Collingwood.

The Dons will be trying to win on Friday night.

Yep playing Friday night, Essendon will be doing everything they can to win and maybe get above GWS (if god forbid they lose to Suns) but otherwise guarantee a first final against the decimated GWS, as opposed to potentially playing Tigers or Collingwood at the MCG.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
40 point wins to us and the eagles and they get them on percentage

We've only won 1 game this year by 40 points or more. I'm thinking probably pretty unlikely. WC won't be a walk in the park against Hawks who are fighting for a top 8 spot as well.