The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
an extraordinary effort to win as many games as any side in the competition,

with AA's missing 40 weeks between 'em.

we are clearly the best side coming into finals,

and only bad luck, which is ephemeral in September, will stop us IMO

To think we have finished equal top with Geelong and Brisbane after where we were at the bye round is simply extraordinary.

Tigers have belief and resilience and some depth - all necessary ingredients to go all the way.

Well done tigers

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Never thought we've got the credit for how we played in 17. (More about the crows falling over)

Peaked too early and had one really crap game when it mattered last year.

If we were to snag the flag this year through the adversity we've faced, and now having to start at the gabba, it'll stamp us as the fearsome club we once were...... and have become again.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Never thought we've got the credit for how we played in 17. (More about the crows falling over)

I am absolutely convinced we were the best side in 2017. we only finished half a game behind the crows and we lost 4 games by under a kick that were heavily influenced by the Dumpires. break even in the close ones and we finish clear on top. Then we would never have heard about the sooks suggesting the GF should have been played elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Think back to R3. Rance down, injuries galore, destroyed by the pies ands giants. yet here we are 20 weeks later in the top 4 and premiership favourites. And you know what? I think we're going all the way from here.

Love your stuff. I honestly think any of six sides could take us if we are off by an inch. Loved our second quarter comeback against the Weagles - true finals tough performance.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Just putting this out there...

We may not lose another game for the year. I like the look of that draw.

We get enough players back after the bye to give us the critical mass of Richmond's premiership side. Not enough yet to be the out and out best (as we are with Rance, Jack and Nank), but enough to give us the ability to compete with the Collingwoods, West coasts and Geelongs.

Does 16 wins get us in the top 4?
And is Houli a champion in this alternate reality you inhabit?
Not sure how you come to that conclusion of favourable draw. Based on ladder positions we have to play; 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 16th, 17th, 18th. We're currently 8th (12th by percentage) so a 5 win 4 loss scenario is reasonable. If we can sneak another win to make it 6 then we could sneak in to bottom half of the 8. Last year 15 wins was needed to make the 4. Can't see it with our current injury list and those playing half injured like Rioli and Vlastuin. Just have to be realistic. Injury has cruelled us this year.

Y'all need a little more faith in the Richmond winning machine.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Extraordinary performance by the the whole team , from players both the AFL side & the Reserve side (players who came in and played the Richmond way), the coaches, the whole club.

I truly thought we were shot and would struggle to make the 8 and may scrape in the bottom 8 looking at the draw we had, irrespective being at the G.

Many on here had faith & belief.

Many still believe we can win it after drawing Brisvegas at the Gabba.

Saturday week cant come quick enough to see how we play. !

REDEMPTION TIME.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This year we could the job done this way

QF. Bris - Gabba
PF. WCE. MCG
GF. Bris. MCG

I reckon it'll go

Brisbane
Cats
Pies

giving us a shot at a fantasy redemption/revenge story on The Pies.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just caught the last bit of that former tiger fan Nat Fyfe on radio. ... asked his teams to watch in the finals, and I take it this is in order of their chances for the flag.....
Geelong, Footscray, Brisbane. ..... love it, not even the AA captain rates us!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just caught the last bit of that former tiger fan Nat Fyfe on radio. ... asked his teams to watch in the finals, and I take it this is in order of their chances for the flag.....

It is quite staggering how the team that is clear favourites for the flag is not rated by most in the AFL industry. Yet everyone is raving about Geelong who have been putrid since the bye and only finished on top due the unfair home ground advantage they enjoy. Or the Bulldogs who are in good form but really have not beaten anyone of note in recent times and still have to win 4 finals to win the flag; history does not always repeat. Or Brisbane who we just beat by 5 goals despite playing in 3rd gear for most of the game.

Tigers just gliding under the surface like a great white shark.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Extraordinary performance by the the whole team , from players both the AFL side & the Reserve side (players who came in and played the Richmond way), the coaches, the whole club.

I truly thought we were shot and would struggle to make the 8 and may scrape in the bottom 8 looking at the draw we had, irrespective being at the G.

Many on here had faith & belief.

Many still believe we can win it after drawing Brisvegas at the Gabba.

Saturday week cant come quick enough to see how we play. !

REDEMPTION TIME.
Great post, easy to forget how grim the season was looking. Hard to pick the lowest point - thrashing from the cats, dogs, north?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Aoc heard the interview too. Beat me to the post.

Cats, Dogs & Brisvegas were his tips.

Still soiling Tigers didn’t pick him !

That’s ok. Hope they ALL doubt us!

Get it done Saturday and Let it be the start of Redemption 2019!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Leigh Matthews going senile at the MVP awards. Reckons Geewhinge should be flag favourites as they finished on top with 17 wins. Of course Yobbo and Mincey failed to advise him that they only won 16 games the same as Brisbane and Richmond :rolleyes:

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
He just drops 3 names to kill the question.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
He was probably flat out remembering who qualified.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
So, the seniors play next week while the VFL team has a week off.

If the seniors win then the following week they get a rest while the VFL team plays off in the Preliminary Final.

I’m not sure if that’s a good thing for team continuity, but I’m hoping to at least have a Tigers game to watch each week in September.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
So, the seniors play next week while the VFL team has a week off.

If the seniors win then the following week they get a rest while the VFL team plays off in the Preliminary Final.

I’m not sure if that’s a good thing for team continuity, but I’m hoping to at least have a Tigers game to watch each week in September.

It's an interesting situation. Agree with your musings, TBH
Loved the fact that the VFL team had a stirring come from behind win today.
That said, I would have been okay about the VFL team having another game next week.
Means that positions each week are competitive and that the Tigers are playing each week.
Hope today's game reminds the seniors that every game is a tough, long haul.
The yin and yang of winning/losing is an interesting one.
The bye before the start of the finals almost makes the week's rest before the prelim redundant.
Two games of footy over four weeks isn't always the tonic.
It's not easy to win a flag but the Tigers have the capacity to do it.