The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say

I’m with you. Lachie Neale is a gun imo.

What is interesting about this thread is that to me there are two types of players being mentioned. One type is the player who is actually a very good footballer and capable of being top echelon but just doesn’t produce enough. The other is the player who is just not as good as he is made out to be.

To me players like Stringer and DeGoey are in the first category but are they overrated ? I am not sure they are overrated for ability but they don’t consistently perform.
Neale is the type who can rack up 40 and not be damaging, but he can also rack up 40 and we clearly BOG.

The likes of Stringer and DeGoey are overrated. they play the occasional good game, or in Stringer's case, get the occasional kick, and they get compared to Dusty. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
Josh schache and james aish.

Both would have made a couple of $m out of footy.

Thats overrated imo

Id put Nick Daffy up there over the years

Joe Daniher for me as overrated - gets called a superstar forward but is anything but in a dominant team. Not his fault as media generated due Daniher name. Misses too many and bit of a one trick pony.

Underrated is vlaustin never getting AA but also like the Cunnington call on here. Absolute superstar.

Reactions: 2 users
Nic Nat is number one.

At both ends of overrated. Biggest hype, smallest output.

Big, strong, athletic, can jump a mile and fast, and contributes only aura.

Adds nothing to their side. As evidenced by the fact that they were only good for the year he didn't play.

Castagna was a more reliable and prolific contested mark.

He's all hair.

Reactions: 1 users
Can’t have the Nic Nat calls.
Career averages:

Goals:
Ty Vickery
Nic Nat

Marks
Ty Vickery
Nic Nat

Disposals
Ty Vickery
Nic Nat

Clearances
Ty Vickery
Nic Nat

Not a great showing as a big man.

Maybe compare him to a small?

Goals:
Anthony miles
Nic Nat

Marks
Anthony miles
Nic Nat

Disposals
Anthony Miles
Nic Nat

Clearances
Anthony Miles
Nic Nat

Hmm doesn't stack up well there either. But I am comparing him to some world beaters.

He is a pretty good tap ruckman. But that simply isn't enough.

Charlie Dixon. Played full forward for 10+ years, and doesn’t even average 2 goals a game.

Charlie Dixon. Played full forward for 10+ years, and doesn’t even average 2 goals a game.
Yes, but, but, but, Kane Cornes loves him and was gushing when Port Adelaide traded for him.

The Bombers sure as hell overrated him. They got Shiel and a 2nd round pick, and gave up 2 first round selections:rotfl1 and Dodoro has still got a job:rotfl2
Dildoro is mates with Sheedy. Whilst that nutter is still allowed on the Board I doubt Dildoro is going anywhere.

Last edited:
JON, B Lennon, C Ellis and R Conca would be the top of my list for most overrated juniors.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,along with Jack Watts, Tom Scully and Jack Trengove :ROFLMAO:

Can’t have the Nic Nat calls.
He's a tough one. Massive centre square impact player, one of the best CC rucks ever. But can understand the frustration with his lack of marking and ability to get the ball. Almost the best there is at some things and very avaerage at others. But at least he tried.

He clearly couldn't get his body right often enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Pendleton is a bloody genius. If I could have pinched two it would have been him and Dermie.