The Murdocracy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Murdocracy

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Andy Bolt chucking a hissy fit saying he's had a gutful of Melbourne & is therefor moving to the Mornington Peninsula (which was also locked down) is farking hilarious.
But I note that no matter what he thinks of Melbourne and Victoria it isn't bad enough to make him want to move back to Murray Bridge.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Over the past six months to September, the Saturday Herald Sun’s audience lifted 2.9 per cent to 670,000, the Sunday Herald Sun jumped 6.8 per cent to 656,000 readers, and the weekday Herald Sun rose 0.7 per cent to 869,000.

By contrast, the Saturday Age’s audience crashed 12 per cent to 345,000, the Sunday Age tumbled 10 per cent to 234,000 readers, and the weekday Age slumped 4.1 per cent to 397,000.

HS November 30 (paywalled)

:eek::banana :banana :banana :banana:eyes :cupgold:eyes:banana:banana:banana:banana:eek:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd be asking for the source of all the claims.

I know they pretty much give away the Hun (Make you pay a pittance for some sort of subscription) as the audit figures only count paid subscriptions. I'd be surprised if everyone else isn't doing the same.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lee, being a good conservative lives in the past, so I assume he's talking print figures there.

You mean the 'paper comes in a different format o_O

Before you ask, yes, we get the paper delivered.

Actually the online readership numbers would be even more dodgy.

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Age claim they plus SMH get more readers than Murdcoch mastheads when online is included.
It should also be remembered that many of the Murdoch subscribers suffer an unfortunate higher degree of illiteracy but still they do enjoy the clickbait pictures and videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The Chinese telling Morrison they weren't buying coal from him anymore was buried in a small article on about page 15 of the Sydney Morning Telegraph.
Would think a multi billion dollar decision like that might be a touch more newsworthy..

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in, either the “shame herald sun shame” one or this one. Just a bit of humour. One of my all time favourite tv shows is Red Dwarf. For those that don’t know it, it’s a British sci-fi comedy. I watched an episode I recorded earlier in the week last night. It was an episode called “Cured”. The crew find a research station where evil is supposedly cured. They find stasis pods of infamous historical figures with the following inscriptions.
Stalin- cured
Messalina- cured
Vlad the Impaler- cured
Hitler- cured
Then they come across , Rupert Murdoch - did not respond to treatment

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The Chinese telling Morrison they weren't buying coal from him anymore was buried in a small article on about page 15 of the Sydney Morning Telegraph.
Would think a multi billion dollar decision like that might be a touch more newsworthy..

Reflects badly on the political party they own, don't want that.

DS

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Wasn’t sure which thread to put this in, either the “shame herald sun shame” one or this one. Just a bit of humour. One of my all time favourite tv shows is Red Dwarf. For those that don’t know it, it’s a British sci-fi comedy. I watched an episode I recorded earlier in the week last night. It was an episode called “Cured”. The crew find a research station where evil is supposedly cured. They find stasis pods of infamous historical figures with the following inscriptions.
Stalin- cured
Messalina- cured
Vlad the Impaler- cured
Hitler- cured
Then they come across , Rupert Murdoch - did not respond to treatment
Good choice of shows! Black Books pretty good too. (But I’m off topic).

Im disappointed we couldn’t as a nation have come up with a bipartisan approach to responding to the pandemic. There was definitely a role for some conservative views to be heard and balanced but unfortunately we dont hear a balanced voice. Personally I think our (Vic) government should be held to account for deplorable oversight of quarantine whilst also being praised for the leadership shown to bring it back under control but also challenged on its transparency. Not sure if I’m unique like this but struggle to find any news that presents both sides of the debate. HS search for clickbait Is depressing whether footy or politically related.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For those of you running Chrome based browsers and hate Murdoch, here's a plugin for you.

< Brexited | China >