The new era: changes v Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The new era: changes v Port

Don't think so.

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.
Pickett named in the VFL squad. Kamdyn must be sub by the looks of it

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Pickett named in the VFL squad. Kamdyn must be sub by the looks of it
Hmm. How? Unless rules have changed. Or squad includes those giving out the oranges.

Edit, ok it's not finals, it's wildcard round.

Last edited:
Don't think so.

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

What about when the afl team is still playing?

Don't think so.

Sometimes there are exemptions if the firsts and seconds play on the same day

Erm, last time I looked MRJ was absolutely a father / son
I apologise ......................... I incorrectly said he's not Father/Son..............

I actually think MRJ has a place in the team ............... and I hope he proves me right (then again I was a Castagna fan!!! LOL)

But to quote someone on BigFooty:

"The politically correct history revisionists who are currently shedding crocodile tears over Maurice Rioli conveniently forget the fact that the bloke, whilst a member of the Northern Territory Legislative Assembly, sold taxpayer funded office furniture from his electorate office ... the money went into his hip-pocket and funded his gambling habit"

And this from the ABC:

"However, Rioli's nine years in politics from 1982 until 2001 were less impressive. Early on it was revealed he had pawned the parliament supplied fridge, television and microwave from his office. After initially claiming this was to fund a trip to the AFL grand final to present the Norm Smith Medal, he later admitted it was done to fund a gambling habit"

I accept that that it hurts all Tigers that our idols are human :(

But - At the end of the day - being a good footballer doesn't excuse CRAP behaviour ........ (IMHO)

I guess we'll see (WRT Marlion)

A chance to look at what some of our kids can do on the big stage so will be interesting is they can bring some interest and enthusiasm into the game

Reactions: 1 user
I apologise ......................... I incorrectly said he's not Father/Son..............

I actually think MRJ has a place in the team ............... and I hope he proves me right (then again I was a Castagna fan!!! LOL)

But to quote someone on BigFooty:

"The politically correct history revisionists who are currently shedding crocodile tears over Maurice Rioli conveniently forget the fact that the bloke, whilst a member of the Northern Territory Legislative Assembly, sold taxpayer funded office furniture from his electorate office ... the money went into his hip-pocket and funded his gambling habit"

And this from the ABC:

"However, Rioli's nine years in politics from 1982 until 2001 were less impressive. Early on it was revealed he had pawned the parliament supplied fridge, television and microwave from his office. After initially claiming this was to fund a trip to the AFL grand final to present the Norm Smith Medal, he later admitted it was done to fund a gambling habit"

I accept that that it hurts all Tigers that our idols are human :(

But - At the end of the day - being a good footballer doesn't excuse CRAP behaviour ........ (IMHO)

I guess we'll see (WRT Marlion)
A fridge/tv/microwave v Dan Andrews torching over $2billion of our money. Maurice was a rookie in the game of low life politicians

Reactions: 1 users
Yes mcintosh out of the side it only took too the last game to realise hes been terrible! Suggest he start looking for a new club surely he realises he's outside the 23 next year. He does set good standards work rate wise during preseason so maybe the club keeps him around for that

Twilight zone. 5 players omitted this week represent 1111 games of experience.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
7 players less than 50 games. Tresize / Brown (0), Bauer (3), Banks (5), Dow (16), Young (18) and MRJ (26). Thats a fair amount of inexperience but looking forward to how they go.

Reactions: 4 users