The new era: changes v Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The new era: changes v Port

Incredible to think that there are people suggesting that Marlion should be selected for a further 21 games so that we 'might' select his children under father/son rules...

So lets speak the unspeakable:

a. how has Father/son gone for us so far? (I realise MRJ is not Father/Son but his bloodline is credible)
b. Pickett (.... and I've loved his onfield performance 2020-2022) is a one time convicted criminal and a second time charged criminal (innocent until proven guilty)

............ but .............

...........by any realistic real world measure his children have far bigger challenges than being able to play good footy!!!!

Marlion will be lucky to be selected in starting 22 in 2024 (based on current form) so lets stop pretending his children fall above and beyond the tree!!!
Forget about any sort of footy discussions but FMD there's some bog ordinary insinuation going on here.

Reactions: 6 users
Miller and Pickett are named in the VFL team, so it looks like Macca will be the sub, and Mansell (AFL emergency), will travel to Adelaide just incase something goes amiss at the captain's run or pre-game warm-up before the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Back to changes against Pordadalayde. Woo hoo, another couple of debutants get a chance to strut their stuff at senior level. Just reward for a season of hard work in the magoos.
Obviously very grateful that we're playing away interstate for the final irrelevant game to close off a shitfull year of footy. Hopefully we don't get totally obliterated on Sunday and the squad at least give an honest accounting of themselves.
Will be closely watching all our young, inexperienced players and hoping they can have moments of impact on the game. Last thing I want to see is senior players going through the motions n simply looking forward to Mad Monday and their off season get away. Set a standard for the young blokes to follow, work hard n give the Pordadalayde bogans a proper dose of hurry up before the finals.

Reactions: 3 users
Out McIntosh and Pickett based on form,
looks a step in the right direction.
And very pleased to see Baker and Bauer back together with Brown and Trezise, who are to play their first, and
Miller back also.
Noah this week actually named in the forward line is a first and Dion managed.

Wouldn’t surprise if Dion does find his way back to the Gold Coast and McIntosh and Miller to the West Coast.

I too think we're in for a heavy loss. It's a huge task in front of a rabid crowd against a top 4 team still with much to play for.
Just hope to see glimpses of talent from the new players.

Reactions: 5 users
I too think we're in for a heavy loss. It's a huge task in front of a rabid crowd against a top 4 team still with much to play for.
Just hope to see glimpses of talent from the new players.
If we can keep it under 5 goals we have done extremely well.

Reactions: 2 users
Pity they have scheduled the VFL game vs the Pies pretty close to the start of Port vs Tigers on Sunday.

So tossing up between going to watch the young boys play to make finals at Punt Road ( wife’s wish )

OR

Going to the local pub as I’ve cancelled Kayo and Foxtel ( crap footy shows ) to watch what MAY be like some have posted a Sydney Swans last round 2016 massacre…

I think the VFL wins! Points with the wife always helps with ‘negotiations” down the track!

Attachments

• C38A3523-D910-49FC-AEB0-A8A1E670A376.jpeg
    C38A3523-D910-49FC-AEB0-A8A1E670A376.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 284249CB-F08D-4B3A-A1F6-DB6F13A86E1E.jpeg
    284249CB-F08D-4B3A-A1F6-DB6F13A86E1E.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Given the inexperience wouldn’t think we can win it but this will be the quickest team we have put in for most of the year.
Expect Mansell to come in for Rioli and a massive effort from the bounce.

If we do happen to win Mini a shoe in.

What a miserable way to finish a bloody lousy season.
Tiger supporter wishing over optimistically for a boil over win against Pordadalayde on their dunghill in front of their rabids. Realism tells me we'd be lucky to escape with an under ten goal hiding.
Just gunna hope that our seniors respect the colours and put in an honest performance right to the final siren and that our group of future youngsters all have those little moments of impact that stand them in good stead for pre season and promise for next year.

Reactions: 1 users
A 5 point Tiger win & Hinckley to get the boot because of it.

Well I can dream can't I.

Result irrelevant.

All I want to see is the young boys attack the footy, tackle hard and show connection.

Reactions: 5 users
nothing to lose game for us, so much to learn from how our youngsters handle the heat

Funny thing is we lose about 1000 games experience from last week

We have gone from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams in 7 days

Incredible

• Wow
nothing to lose game for us, so much to learn from how our youngsters handle the heat

Funny thing is we lose about 1000 games experience from last week

We have gone from one of the oldest to one of the youngest teams in 7 days

Incredible
Do you have those numbers Nik?

It arguably suits Port Adelaide better to lose against us than to win…….Win and they have to go to Brisbane to play the Lions who are extremely hard to beat up there…….Lose and, (assuming Melbourne wins and ends up on the same points as PA but higher percentage), they play the Pies at the MCG. Of course they won’t want to flirt with form as they say, but there are definitely reasons for Port not to beat us.

It arguably suits Port Adelaide better to lose against us than to win…….Win and they have to go to Brisbane to play the Lions who are extremely hard to beat up there…….Lose and, (assuming Melbourne wins and ends up on the same points as PA but higher percentage), they play the Pies at the MCG. Of course they won’t want to flirt with form as they say, but there are definitely reasons for Port not to beat us.
I was wondering the same. I wouldn’t want to be going to the Gabba at the moment.