The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

just rewatching the 2017 GF for the 87th time. Guernica, The Sistine Chapel, Kind of Blue, Star Wars, Kubrick's entire filmography (except eyes wide shut), Wilson Pickett's primal screams with Duane Allman's guitar in Hey Jude... not much comes close to the sheer awesomeness of the tigers surge that day

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
just rewatching the 2017 GF for the 87th time. Guernica, The Sistine Chapel, Kind of Blue, Star Wars, Kubrick's entire filmography (except eyes wide shut), Wilson Pickett's primal screams with Duane Allman's guitar in Hey Jude... not much comes close to the sheer awesomeness of the tigers surge that day
Liked all of the above too...not sure Guernica comes close but the first original Star Wars was fantastic. Hey Jude still the best ever ( Beatles version but Picketts is good)....but 2017 was sheer bliss.

Last edited:
Every time Mr Brightside comes on the radio, there's only one person I think of.

Reactions: 5 users
I was in tears, in company with Richo, probably the best day of my life, (apart from having watched to beautiful daughters grow up).

Reactions: 4 users
The QF final beating the Scats who'd had the wood on us for so long, the Prelim final, and then the GF was the best 2 weeks of my life.

Reactions: 3 users
Best day of my life so far - including marriage and kids…!

Reactions: 2 users
2017 is extra good now..not only because it was after such a long premiership drought but because we got to experience everything we ever wanted pre pandemic.

Just to see this thread pop up again brings a big smile to my face :):) :)

2017 For me as well Did not hit me at the G my mate kept saying we are going to win the grand final Took me till the next day after a massive night to sit down and watch it again by myself emontial as
2018 in Standing Room i was gone after half time our area was going off
2020 watching with my Dad who brianwashed me early days (all rest of family mostly Collingwood) magnificent night watched it live then the replay straight after
All up 3 magnificent years but 2017 wins after a 37 year old wait

Reactions: 1 user
I've watched all 3 Cats finals far more times than is healthy. Much more than 2017 GF. The final I've watched least is the 19 GF.

I think 2020 was better
2020 was awesome Zips but the difference for me was that I wasn’t there.

2017 evokes different memories of the atmosphere at the ground, hugging strangers around me and the roar when we kicked goals. I will never forget it.

Even though I was very young in 1967 and 1969 these are the memories I have of those grand finals as well. I don’t remember Royce’s iconic mark or a Billy Barrott goal but I remember the crowd and the joy of being there are sharing it with my Dad. Those are the things that stay with you.

Reactions: 9 users
I was in tears, in company with Richo, probably the best day of my life, (apart from having watched to beautiful daughters grow up).
I still to this day well up in tears when I watch the match or highlights of it. Even reading this thread gets me going again.

I've never been so happy as that day in my life.