The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Couldn't Sleep & Turn on my phone to see This News Absolutely Gobsmacked RIP KIng Shane :(

Shane Warne Delivery GIF
Same.... had to do a double take when I read the first post... just unbelievable.
Lost one of my best mates a couple of years ago aged 53 in similar circumstances and it again reinforces in my mind, today is the day to tell those who you love...... that you do in fact, love them.
"Bowled..... Shane" Vale.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I just heard Bill Lawry interviewed. ...

"Warnie was like what a lot of blokes wanted to be...... but weren't game to be!"

• Sad
Warney.
Such a joy to watch. So full of life, gone far too soon.
Devastating for all of us, condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: 1 users
Just when you thought the world couldn’t throw up more *smile*.

Aaaah Warnie. Thanks. It was a great ride.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow !!!!

With ball in hand Shane was the greatest there's ever been. He intimidated and outthought batsmen, a genius.

RIP Warney.

Reactions: 2 users
1360.jpg

Edit this is from the same test where he got Gatting with "that ball".

He burnt the candle at both ends Warney.

Last edited:
  • Love
Vale Warney. What an absolute legend. IMO that greatest bowler in cricket history. RIP.

Vale Marshy. A lot of great memories watching him as I was growing up. A staple of an Australian summer. RIP.

Never met either of them but both seemed great blokes. Both going way to early.

Sad days.

Reactions: 5 users
I think Warmey would be upset at the thought his death will overshadow the marsh death. He was always a team man first.

First a childhood hero then a huge character in your life. Scarcely believable.

Neville Cardus referred to Keith Miller as “the Australian in excelsis”. Cannot help but think this applies beautifully to SKW. RIP.

1st Bacchus & then Warnie, We've lost 2of the true greats of the game of cricket.

Stunned & saddened.

Warnie at 53, much too young. :cry:

• Sad
On Marsh, always remember that running catch he took when a ball was skied and he over ran it and had to dive backwards to get it.

He epitomised the classic aussie sportsman to me as a kid, just one of your heroes. Lille/Chappell/Marsh were who you impersonated as a kid when bowling, batting or keeping.