The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Same here. Warnie at 52 and now Taylor at 50. WTF is going on. I'm shocked, saddened, gutted, everything you can say. I can't believe he's gone, I was only watching him at GMHBA stadium a few weeks ago.

Similar feeling to when Chester Bennington died.
I also saw him in Geelong as well. And as someone said the best performance by a Hawkins ever on this ground. RIP.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Wow, what a shock that is and it's such a tragedy. He had oodles of talent and I'm happy that I got to see him perform live at the very least.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
How come Dusty's not in here yet????? I'm sure I read a memorial tribute to him in the Hun this morning. Blobbo was in full eulogy mode n near brought me to tears over his passing.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
RIP Warnie for the final time.

I was OK ...until .....Anthony Callea sang that Andrea Bocelli song, and until they played the Frankie Sinatra ending.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Not sure if exactly the right place but here goes.

Dion King 07/05/1990 - 29/03/2022

My little brother was in an accident last Friday working on his car. He was with his two kids under 7 but no one else. They were able to flag down a passing car and get emergency services enroute. They were able with the help of the police first on scene to revive him and he was taken to hospital where he fought for a good 4 days before he just couldn't fight any longer. We don't know how long he was without oxygen.

He leaves behind two kids, a wife, parents, brother and sister, family and more friends than I thought was possible to have. All absolutely bloody devastated and grief stricken. Has given the gift of life to at least three other people and he is my hero. An amazing father who would do anything for his kids.

I want to also sincerely reach out to anyone who works on their car, gets under it or does dangerous things either for a living or out of necessity..... Make sure someone is with you, someone that could help if something went wrong. Think about who and what you would leave behind if this were to happen to you? I am not meaning to sound like a PSA, but this pain and emptiness has to count for something. I know I am guilty of being complacent and cutting corners.

• Sad
Reactions: 24 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

My little brother was in an accident last Friday working on his car. He was with his two kids under 7 but no one else. They were able to flag down a passing car and get emergency services enroute. They were able with the help of the police first on scene to revive him and he was taken to hospital where he fought for a good 4 days before he just couldn't fight any longer. We don't know how long he was without oxygen.

He leaves behind two kids, a wife, parents, brother and sister, family and more friends than I thought was possible to have. All absolutely bloody devastated and grief stricken. Has given the gift of life to at least three other people and he is my hero. An amazing father who would do anything for his kids.

I want to also sincerely reach out to anyone who works on their car, gets under it or does dangerous things either for a living or out of necessity..... Make sure someone is with you, someone that could help if something went wrong. Think about who and what you would leave behind if this were to happen to you? I am not meaning to sound like a PSA, but this pain and emptiness has to count for something. I know I am guilty of being complacent and cutting corners.
So sorry to hear that Jason. Condolences to you and all your and his family and friends.
Heartbreaking to hear that mate.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Very sorry to hear of your loss Jason. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope in the short term everyone can find comfort and peace in the memories he left, and in the longer term, something positive comes out of this tragedy. All the best mate.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Jesus, mate. So sorry to hear, that's devastating. Thoughts to you and the family, reach out if you need anything.

Last edited:
  • Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That's terrible for his family and your family. Condolences to all.

So sad, courageous of you to post it, if it makes one PRE member pause next time they take a short cut it won't be totally in vain.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne

Sorry for your loss, that is terrible.

• Love

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
My Condolences Jason sad news to hear Thoughts with all the family

• Love

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Horrible news, my thoughts are with you Jason, your family and friends.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user