The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Not sure if exactly the right place but here goes.

Dion King 07/05/1990 - 29/03/2022

My little brother was in an accident last Friday working on his car. He was with his two kids under 7 but no one else. They were able to flag down a passing car and get emergency services enroute. They were able with the help of the police first on scene to revive him and he was taken to hospital where he fought for a good 4 days before he just couldn't fight any longer. We don't know how long he was without oxygen.

He leaves behind two kids, a wife, parents, brother and sister, family and more friends than I thought was possible to have. All absolutely bloody devastated and grief stricken. Has given the gift of life to at least three other people and he is my hero. An amazing father who would do anything for his kids.

I want to also sincerely reach out to anyone who works on their car, gets under it or does dangerous things either for a living or out of necessity..... Make sure someone is with you, someone that could help if something went wrong. Think about who and what you would leave behind if this were to happen to you? I am not meaning to sound like a PSA, but this pain and emptiness has to count for something. I know I am guilty of being complacent and cutting corners.
Mate, awful news. Thanks for sharing, really brave. Giving the gift of life to others, what an unbelievable final act. Vale.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
So sorry Jason. My heart goes out to you and you’re family. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Very sad, kids that age should never have to face losing a parent, and losing a brother must be hard.

Take time to grieve, I lost one of my best friends recently, I had known her for 35 years and it is not easy.

Take care out there folks, too many of us have taken short cuts doing things like fixing the car, it is too big a risk.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Condolences to you and your family Jason.

May your brother rest in peaces

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Not sure if exactly the right place but here goes.

Dion King 07/05/1990 - 29/03/2022

My little brother was in an accident last Friday working on his car. He was with his two kids under 7 but no one else. They were able to flag down a passing car and get emergency services enroute. They were able with the help of the police first on scene to revive him and he was taken to hospital where he fought for a good 4 days before he just couldn't fight any longer. We don't know how long he was without oxygen.

He leaves behind two kids, a wife, parents, brother and sister, family and more friends than I thought was possible to have. All absolutely bloody devastated and grief stricken. Has given the gift of life to at least three other people and he is my hero. An amazing father who would do anything for his kids.

I want to also sincerely reach out to anyone who works on their car, gets under it or does dangerous things either for a living or out of necessity..... Make sure someone is with you, someone that could help if something went wrong. Think about who and what you would leave behind if this were to happen to you? I am not meaning to sound like a PSA, but this pain and emptiness has to count for something. I know I am guilty of being complacent and cutting corners.

Ah jeez. Just read this.

Just heartbreaking. My sincere condolences to you Jason and your family. Just another reminder how it can all be taken away any day.

Very brave to share it with your PRE brothers and sisters.

• Love

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I just caught up with this thread and read your post Jason. My thoughts and deepest sympathies go out to you and your whole family.

Sorry - I’ve done something wrong by attributing my comment to Bigwow somehow. Can’t seem to undo it.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
From the time we met when Axel Foley walked into your office to Iago the parrot - that voice of yours will live on in my head.

RIP Gil.

DA6961E0-2283-45A5-8CE7-D47C96FD54AD.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Jack Newton. Probably done more for Junior Golf in Australia than anybody. And he could play in his day. RiP.

• Sad