The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Worked as a theatre orderly in the late 70's as a 19 year old. Every day in theatre was an eye opener for a young bloke. One episode was particularly memorable - a bloke came in for surgery that had been hit by a tram riding his motorbike - probably mid 30's. The saddest sight I've ever seen - no arms, a stump of one leg left and a body covered in huge scars. As he was put on the table there was a long and very quiet conflab between the head nurse, surgeons and anesthetist in the corner of the room. After about an hour of surgery things went awry. It happened very quickly, with very little fuss and within a few minutes the bloke was declared dead. The whole feel and manner of the room was wrong from what I could tell. It looked to me that the whole situation was contrived. Later I heard the scuttlebutt from the other orderlies that the bloke begged his surgeon before the surgery to let him die on the table - that he couldn't go on. It was his 14th surgery. With no proof - I think that the surgical team granted the fella his wish.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I have a colonoscopy every 3 years due to family history of bowel cancer and the preparation is the worst aspect of them, fasting for over a day and taking disgusting laxative.

yeah me too (did it only a few weeks ago). I also have to have the gastroscopy as well as dad and uncle died from cancer of the esophagus.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks tt, unfortunately I failed all 3, however surgery & a strong dose of radiation seems to have helped things.
Fingers crossed I'm feeing pretty good atm.

What I will,say is don't just rely on the PSA test, make sure you also have the physical check.

The Fickle Finger of Fate can save your life. ;)
Good luck TT.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I have a colonoscopy every 3 years due to family history of bowel cancer and the preparation is the worst aspect of them, fasting for over a day and taking disgusting laxative.
That's the easy bit, what happens after the laxative kicks in tends to get fairly horrendus.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
People dying at the same rate. Just that the proliferation of pop culture from the 70s onwards has made it seem like more people are dying.
Going to see a lot more of it soon enough.
Yes, we keep seeing people we remember clearly passing away and think they’re too young and then we think how old am I?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes, we keep seeing people we remember clearly passing away and think they’re too young and then we think how old am I?

Yeah. More to do with our ages and not that "more people are dying". I've noticed a few of my friends/acquaintances starting to pop their clogs post age 50. This is where it starts happening folks, live your life well while you can.

Reactions: 1 users