The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Indeed. Indeed.

Which leads me to bring up one of my pet hates: over singing. There is nothing worse than Maria Carey, Celine Dion etc and their endless, loud, often screeching, over singing and carrying a note for way too long and grand standing. Can’t bear it.

What I can't stand is the attempts to carry a note for too long and they can't hold the note. In fact, too many can barely hold the notes for a short time with the styles of singing which seem to be the trend these days. I don't know what it is, some attempt to sound like they are giving it feeling (they're not and can't pull it off anyway) but current style of singing leaves me cold.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
What I can't stand is the attempts to carry a note for too long and they can't hold the note. In fact, too many can barely hold the notes for a short time with the styles of singing which seem to be the trend these days. I don't know what it is, some attempt to sound like they are giving it feeling (they're not and can't pull it off anyway) but current style of singing leaves me cold.

DS

How many of them have terrible "breathing" techniques.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
That was the poster on my wall as a pre teenager. I knew I was straight because of that poster. This is sad news.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
My sexual awakening came watching Raquel on The Muppet Show, in particular this scene:

Six years old and I had to run to the bathroom to check what was going on downstairs.
Dunno if there's been a sexier woman. Vale.

• Love

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
My sexual awakening came watching Raquel on The Muppet Show, in particular this scene:

Six years old and I had to run to the bathroom to check what was going on downstairs.
Statler and Waldorf were carted off the set after having heart palpitations

• Haha

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Wasn’t she also the final girl on Andy DuFresne’s wall in Shawshank

Three posters - Rita Hayworth, Marilyn and Raquel.
Raquel's was the last one on the wall when the warden threw the rock at the poster and it cut open, revealing the hole.

1676540734798.png

1676540995012.png

1676540966552.png

If you want to buy the Shawshank book you better look for this title ;)

1676541427172.png

The title was changed for the movie not to confuse people, the older crowd in particular would have expected to see her or think it was about her, lol.
She had passed (1987) before the film was made in '94.
Hayworth lookalikes were rocking up to the set thinking they were going to get to play her but it was only her on film and then the poster.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

My Dad often watched the Muppet Show with me.

I reckon this might've been one of the times he wouldve told me to move out of the way and stop blocking the TV. :mhihi

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Wrote the story it was based on. I’d say Marilyn and Racquel were added in by the scriptwriters.

Good film, but a weak plot point - no way the guards wouldn't have ripped those posters down during cell turnovers. Plus with those babes they would have ripped them down to put up in the lunchroom

• Wow

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Good film, but a weak plot point - no way the guards wouldn't have ripped those posters down during cell turnovers. Plus with those babes they would have ripped them down to put up in the lunchroom

Tossing cells was just an excuse. The truth is, Norton wanted to size Andy up.

• Love

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Considering the accounting services and whatnot that Andy offered both the Warden and the guards, I think they would have allowed him some significant leeway with what he had in his cell.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
From all reports former Prem League player and Ghanaian International Christian Atsu feared dead following Turkey Earthquake

Not long having been in Turkey playing for Hatayspor and scored his first goal for the team hours before the quake..

Just checked reports he was found deceased in the rubble of where he was staying.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users