The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
RIP Father Bob:

I just read yesterday he was planning on moving out of the retirement home (or whatever it was).

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
RIP Father Bob:

WTF! One minute there's news articles n interviews he's been punted sideways out of running his charity. Neks minnit he's bloody carked it. RIP old fella, sad to hear he's gone

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
WTF! One minute there's news articles n interviews he's been punted sideways out of running his charity. Neks minnit he's bloody carked it. RIP old fella, sad to hear he's gone

Reading between the lines over the last couple of months I think the media were underplaying what was happening with his health. I'm going through something similar with my father in an Aged Care home with his health going downhill and I have had the impression that what was happening with Father Bob was similar.

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Reading between the lines over the last couple of months I think the media were overplaying what was happening with his health. I'm going through something similar with my father in an Aged Care home with his health going downhill and I have had the impression that what was happening with Father Bob is similar.

But Ian, given the outcome, it's possible the media were NOT overplaying his health issues.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reading between the lines over the last couple of months I think the media were overplaying what was happening with his health. I'm going through something similar with my father in an Aged Care home with his health going downhill and I have had the impression that what was happening with Father Bob is similar.
RIP Father Bob. I agree with you and was reading/thinking the same.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
He was our Chaplain at school for a couple of years and my dear old mum helped out at one of his food stalls for the needy for many years. Lived by the motto - be not the prayer but the prayer - a truly good soul.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Whoever watched or knows the Aussie show Prisoner, I just found out young actress (at the time) Maxine Klibingaitis (played that rebel blonde Bobbie Mitchell) died at age 58 a few days ago. Admittedly, she did look a bit gaunt nowadays but sad to see someone die at a young age.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Whoever watched or knows the Aussie show Prisoner, I just found out young actress (at the time) Maxine Klibingaitis (played that rebel blonde Bobbie Mitchell) died at age 58 a few days ago. Admittedly, she did look a bit gaunt nowadays but sad to see someone die at a young age.
She was on Neighbours in its early days, too. When it was still on 7.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A true Melbourne original. One of our finest products, Vale.

I'll rewatch The Adventures of Barry McKenzie in his honour.

Reactions: 10 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Barry Humphries RIP

Genius. Genuinely sad :cry:
Thats a Cultural Identity this is a huge national loss.

Felt by all 40 years and over.

I went and saw him about 15-16 years ago was still good and my missus at the time got some gladiolas to take home like most of the women there.

Dame Edna , Sandy Stone and Sir Les great characters, a National and International Cultural Icon.

F@#$% Me.

Vale Barry Humphries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I vaguely remember her Bobbi.