The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Jerry Springer, 79. Don’t say you never watched him.

Reactions: 1 users
Broderick Smith, from The Dingoes, and Big Combo

Very sad. Absolute legend of Aussie rock industry and a nice bloke. I had the pleasure of chatting with him many times. First saw The Dingoes live in 1972 at Dallas Brooks Hall. Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band also played; showing my age......RIP

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 2 users
Way Out West was an Aussie anthem for me. An ear worm I’ve never stopped happily humming along to. RIP Broderick.
Gee Fiten you’ve got me humming it now........next will be Faded Roses, Boy On The Run, Going Down Again, Pay Day Again, Come On Down........what a voice.

• Love
Very sad. Absolute legend of Aussie rock industry and a nice bloke. I had the pleasure of chatting with him many times. First saw The Dingoes live in 1972 at Dallas Brooks Hall. Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band also played; showing my age......RIP

Lived for a long time in the town made famous by me (and less so by Dustin).

One of my brothers played a lot of music with him and couldn't speak higher of him, particularly active in taking music into the prisons in the area as a rehabilitation tool.

Reactions: 3 users
Gee Fiten you’ve got me humming it now........next will be Faded Roses, Boy On The Run, Going Down Again, Pay Day Again, Come On Down........what a voice.

My favourite Broderick song was Ocean Deep, Absolutely great song.

I worked just a few doors down from where he worked in the earl6y 90s. We sometimes had a bit of a chat, he was a really Nice bloke.

My wife & I used to go & see him at the Mt Erica hotel on many Friday night's. He often had guest artists with him, one of whom was
Jim Keays. What a night that was.

R I P Brod. :cry:

He goes back before Dingoes as he was the singer and harmonica player for Carson before that . Massive pub band who played boogie music and had a big hit Boogie part 1 and 2

Great voice

Reactions: 2 users
My favourite Broderick song was Ocean Deep, Absolutely great song.

I worked just a few doors down from where he worked in the earl6y 90s. We sometimes had a bit of a chat, he was a really Nice bloke.

My wife & I used to go & see him at the Mt Erica hotel on many Friday night's. He often had guest artists with him, one of whom was
Jim Keays. What a night that was.

R I P Brod. :cry:
He goes back before Dingoes as he was the singer and harmonica player for Carson before that . Massive pub band who played boogie music and had a big hit Boogie part 1 and 2

Great voice
Yes, you’re correct. There was another band before or just after Carson too I think......but I never saw them.

Reactions: 1 user