The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I finally got around to watching Tina the doco. Who knew Bucks Fizz recorded “What’s love got to do with it” before Tina?
Didn't know that myself. Bucks Fizz?? I thought that was a Tina song 100%. There's been many stories like this through the time.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Former Tiger (and Collingwood) player Craig Stewart, 66.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
RIP the Greta bus crash victims. Bloody hell! A horrendous turn of events.
Bloody devastating and tragic for so many. My heart goes out to the people who lost their loved ones. Hopefully those injured make a full and speedy recovery. A long road for them though.
peace GIF

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Bloody devastating and tragic for so many. My heart goes out to the people who lost their loved ones. Hopefully those injured make a full and speedy recovery. A long road for them though.
peace GIF
I still shudder at my child memories of seeing the Grafton and Kempsey bus crashes splashed all over the news for weeks on end. That freaked me out no end, given I regularly travelled by long distance coach to visit my grandparents for school holidays.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I still shudder at my child memories of seeing the Grafton and Kempsey bus crashes splashed all over the news for weeks on end. That freaked me out no end, given I regularly travelled by long distance coach to visit my grandparents for school holidays.
I still remember going up the hills in the US in one. Bus traveling slowly around steep, tight hills.....can't say I wasn't shaking a bit.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Cormac McCarthy.
'A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.'

Blood Meridian

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cormac McCarthy.
'A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.'

Blood Meridian

Amazing book.

RIP Cormac

Also known for writing The Road and No Country For Old Men, both made into films.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Sad 24 hours, Treat Williams and Cormac McCarthy. RIP to both. I love Treat in Prince of the City and McCarthy was one of the great modern English language writers.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That’s a shock. He seemed to still have a semi regular gig on radio.
Heart attack while walking his dog. Scary thing is you just don't know when these sudden attacks come. I worry sometimes when working out at the gym.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Heart attack while walking his dog. Scary thing is you just don't know when these sudden attacks come. I worry sometimes when working out at the gym.

i flicked on SEN earlier in the week and the 2 Andrews made a reference to Rendell and lifestyle choices. I didn't catch the whole discussion, but is anyone able to elaborate?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Graeme John. 80 yrs old, Swans. former player, coach & President. Hall of Famer.

Was also formerly CEO of Australia Post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users