The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

yeah. RIP. The recent Clarke and Dawe about cyclone Debbie is a beaut. Weather report/ alert giving cyclones and weather systems politicians names 'Bill, but there's not much power in it, Corey has been downgraded to a slight breeze', etc etc. Also did a great recent one on the energy market. Who can forget 'The Games' when they accidently made the 100m track 96 metres? A one-off. Will be missed.

Edit, found it, Cyclone Malcolm: 'could hit the town of Dutton and have a big impact on the loathing industry' ;D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-30/clarke-and-dawe:-cyclone-malcolm,-this-is-a-watch/8401432

J. Geils dead.

In case you're too young to know: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDjMZKf-wg

Ripplestick said:
RIP Charlie Murphy, made so many people laugh, what a storyteller.
I'd never heard of him til yesterday when I also discovered he was Eddies brother.

23.21.159 said:
Erin Moran, RIP.

Just heard. The trend continues....

Sad story this one. It's terrible seeing famous actors plunge to a low life after they can't find any further work in their industry. Poor thing went from a famous character on one of the best sitcoms ever made to a virtual poor woman living in a caravan park.

RIP Joanie.

Just heard

How funny were Lou, Davis and Dyer together?

Kid growing up he was the first real entertaining commentators of football.

RIP

He's had a good innings has Lou, been sick for some time. The last of the 3 Wise Men.

I was just talking about Lou the other day. A good man from a bygone era. He was actually a good caller as well as colour man. Who will park his Merc (or was it a Rolls?) two metres from the curb now?

Lou and Peter Landy somehow made the "match of the day" seem like a grand final, every week. Looking back, the commentary wasn't always insightful or even accurate, but it was always entertaining.

R.I.P.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Lou and Peter Landy somehow made the "match of the day" seem like a grand final, every week. Looking back, the commentary wasn't always insightful or even accurate, but it was always entertaining.

R.I.P.

Agree with that. Peter Landy copped a fair bit when he was active but like many of the golden era of channel 9 cricket commentary they are sorely missed when the go.