The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

WesternTiger said:
Yeah toby that and Seasons are incredible songs by CC. Entire *smile*ing Singles album is brilliant.

Sure is WT...the soundtrack of many people's youths I reckon.

I am so gutted about Chris.
I suffered pretty bad depression as a teenager and some drug dependency, and these musicians helped me get through this time. Last night me and my wife had a bottle of red wine and put badmotorfinger vinyl on and I broke down burst in to tears. It made me realise how much these 90's bands effected me and shaped my life and ideals.

Another truly great artist lost!

R.I.P Chris Cornell

I think I must be the only person who wasn't a Soundgarden fan.

I only knew the one song Black Hole Sun and found it a bit of a dirge tbh.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Noooooooo!!!

I know I'm on my own here but I preferred him to Connery.

R.I.P.

So did I. Loved his cool persona and wry smiles compared to the wooden-type character Connery played.

TigerForce said:
So did I. Loved his cool persona and wry smiles compared to the wooden-type character Connery played.

Came to appreciate Connery later on, and also Daniel Craig (the others are pretenders). But to a teenage LTRTR, Roger Moore was James Bond.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Noooooooo!!!

I know I'm on my own here but I preferred him to Connery.

R.I.P.
Me too. That could be because he was the actor I first saw portray Bond. I thought he looked the part at the time. He could get into a fist fight without a hair out of place and the crease in his trousers still razor sharp. Extremely good comic timing, which suited the Bond films he did. Connery to me always looked like he needed a shave and that just wasn't Bond. I think both actors suited the films of the time when they did them and nailed different facets of the character. Moore was always fun to watch and he wrote and spoke very self deprecatingly with good humour about himself and his time as 007.

CarnTheTiges said:
Me too. That could be because he was the actor I first saw portray Bond. I thought he looked the part at the time. He could get into a fist fight without a hair out of place and the crease in his trousers still razor sharp. Extremely good comic timing, which suited the Bond films he did. Connery to me always looked like he needed a shave and that just wasn't Bond. I think both actors suited the films of the time when they did them and nailed different facets of the character. Moore was always fun to watch and he wrote and spoke very self deprecatingly with good humour about himself and his time as 007.

Best thing about him.

rosy3 said:
R.I.P. Dr Patrick Pritzwald-Stegmann. So senseless. So sad.
Tragic.

Now we await the pathetic sentence the maggot who did it will get.