The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
MASH good. China Beach came a bit later. Didn't get much of a run in our house but a pretty good if not classic show.

Look, as long as the old man educated you in the ways of Kaos and Control, you'll probably be alright.
There was a little bit of Maxwell. Come to think of it, I can't remember TV with Dad besides truckloads of footy and cricket.

And Star Wars Movies. And terminator movies.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Thank you TBV. Unfortunately we weren’t. Was at the game on Saturday when my sister rang me to say the nurse that comes to check on her in the morning was concerned enough to call an ambulance. She hasn’t been well for a long time. Was in hospital for 5 weeks before being released a couple of weeks ago. Seemed to improve when at home with my sister and I doing shifts to look after her. Thanks to hospital rules, no visitors so couldn’t see her. Spoke to her over the phone last night. She sounded ok but a bit depressed being back in hospital. Doctor said she passed away quite suddenly in front of him this morning.
I have a big bunch of flowers I bought her Saturday morning for Mother’s Day sitting at home in a vase that I never got a chance to give her. Only been just over 6 months since my dad passed away.
It’s bloody tough at the moment
So sorry mate. Can’t imagine what thats like. best to you and family.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Also, thanks for sharing because it makes me appreciate what I have. I’ve had a few setbacks recently and the loss of loved ones, things that really matter, make me realise how truly blessed I am to have most of my family still around.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Thank you TBV. Unfortunately we weren’t. Was at the game on Saturday when my sister rang me to say the nurse that comes to check on her in the morning was concerned enough to call an ambulance. She hasn’t been well for a long time. Was in hospital for 5 weeks before being released a couple of weeks ago. Seemed to improve when at home with my sister and I doing shifts to look after her. Thanks to hospital rules, no visitors so couldn’t see her. Spoke to her over the phone last night. She sounded ok but a bit depressed being back in hospital. Doctor said she passed away quite suddenly in front of him this morning.
I have a big bunch of flowers I bought her Saturday morning for Mother’s Day sitting at home in a vase that I never got a chance to give her. Only been just over 6 months since my dad passed away.

No matter how old or how sick they are it is a shock when a parent dies. My mum, we always knew she was unwell and she was very old, but when she died a few years back it was still a shock.

Condolences.

I'm about to go and visit my father in Perth, seriously wonder if it will be the last time I see him. He is in a home now and getting old.

DS

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Sorry to hear of the loss of your dear mother. It is never easy, especially when the circumstances dont help. My heart is heavy for you brother (I just lost my mum last year). Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and condolences. It means a lot. Everyone here is like a second family. It’s been a tough 24 hours and a very tough day today. Reached for the phone a few times today to call her before realising she wouldn’t be at the other end. Been lurking on here a bit to try and distract myself.
No matter how old or how sick they are it is a shock when a parent dies. My mum, we always knew she was unwell and she was very old, but when she died a few years back it was still a shock.

Condolences.

I'm about to go and visit my father in Perth, seriously wonder if it will be the last time I see him. He is in a home now and getting old.

DS
Hopefully you’ll get to see him for quite a few years to come yet David

Also, thanks for sharing because it makes me appreciate what I have. I’ve had a few setbacks recently and the loss of loved ones, things that really matter, make me realise how truly blessed I am to have most of my family still around.
Treasure all your time with them. It goes too quick

With all the grief I’m feeling at the moment I’m glad I’ve had 52 years with mum and dad at least. I know a lot of others haven’t been as fortunate as I have been

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Sad News to hear The Passing of Andrew Symonds one of my fav Cricket players to watch RIP Roy :(

• Sad

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just about the best fieldsman I’ve seen , absolute match winner with the bat and appeared to be one of the favourite blokes in the team. We don’t win one of the World cups without he’s innings against Pakistan in the round robins , brilliant 100+ with us in deep trouble.

RIP

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Roy, one of my favourite players.
His maiden Test century and his delight at getting it, stuff of boyhood dreams right there.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Probably the best fielder I’ve seen. Could explode wth the bat, too and take the odd wicket. He was one of the more relaxed and entertaining commentators, as well. A great loss to the cricket world.