The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So true. The late 90's era of Rove on a Tuesday at 9.30 and Wednesay nite with the Panel, then the Footy Show Thursday was the last time we had anything of quality.
Yep. I know a lot of people got sick of The Footy Show (and Sam) but it was all live stuff and fun to watch, especially when they invited some players/coaches on. Don Lane Show, Bert's after Don's was axed, Dazza had a show once a week during Don's time, The Late Show in early 90s, Comedy Company and even Paul McDermott's Sideshow about 15 years ago. Anyway, as this is the RIP thread, might as well say RIP Australian Entertainment Shows.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The ABC picked up a bit of the slack but that was more game show than light entertainment stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Kirstie Alley. She was great. Preferred Sam’s original girlfriend Diane (Shelley Long) but Kirstie as Rebecca was good also.

Cheers. What a great show. Great characters.

Reactions: 4 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

RIP to the two young Queensland Police officers who were murdered overnight. Absolutely tragic.
Besides the absolute tragedy of this case. It's all so baffling and bizarre. Makes no sense.

The QLD Police (and NSW Police who referred the missing person case onto them) will still be scratching their heads as to how such an outcome even came about. There were no warning signs whatsoever that they might expect that!

Indeed, RIP.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Besides the absolute tragedy of this case. It's all so baffling and bizarre. Makes no sense.

The QLD Police (and NSW Police who referred the missing person case onto them) will still be scratching their heads as to how such an outcome even came about. There were no warning signs whatsoever that they might expect that!

Indeed, RIP.
Who was the initial missing person? The first victim?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Yep
How many shooters were there e.g. both brothers? Wonder if the woman was also shooting - given that she was shot dead?
Nutjobs
Yes correct. The house was the home of the brother and sister in law of the former school principal, who was indeed the original missing person. They were the other two people. Sounds like possibly all three were shooting. But that hasn't been confirmed.

He was really highly regarded as a teacher and school principal, where he had achieved some really good educational outcomes in some challenging schools with difficult socio-economic dynamics. A very normal and upstanding citizen, until he seems to have ran off the rails about a year or so ago and fell off the grid. Like I say, I think the QLD (and NSW) Police, as well as grieving the tragedy, would be totally baffled as to how this outcome was even possible.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes correct. The house was the home of the brother and sister in law of the former school principal, who was indeed the original missing person. They were the other two people. Sounds like possibly all three were shooting. But that hasn't been confirmed.

He was really highly regarded as a teacher and school principal, where he had achieved some really good educational outcomes in some challenging schools with difficult socio-economic dynamics. A very normal and upstanding citizen, until he seems to have ran off the rails about a year or so ago and fell off the grid. Like I say, I think the QLD (and NSW) Police, as well as grieving the tragedy, would be totally baffled as to how this outcome was even possible.

Dunno if you can draw the conclusion he was a really highly regarded teacher PT? A teacher, yes.

This is a dreadful story,

The sooner they describe 'internet psychosis' and add it to the DSM of psych illnesses and are able to treat it, the safer and more stable our society will be.

Looney, misguided, extremism; created, manipulated and exacerbated by misinformation and hatred is on the rise bigtime and we're all going to be worse off for it.

Who'd be a cop? A teacher? A nurse?

Order, education, health. The skeleton of our society, who are under-paid and under-respected.

While the deluded, parasitic, conniving and surplus-to-needs are feted.

I wish that people who are pushed over the edge by ultra-capitalism, even in their requisite extemity, could have the wherewithal to find a deserving outlet for their anger and disempowerment,

But i suppose thats the thing, then you wouldnt be angry and disempowered?

Our society is under strain.

Be truthful, be kind, be discerning.

Thats all we got

Reactions: 7 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Dunno if you can draw the conclusion he was a really highly regarded teacher PT? A teacher, yes.
To clarify Ezy. This was according to 3-4 articles in various sources of the press, from the Guardian and ABC to the SMH and news.com. I was simply relaying that this is the indication they gave, which I should have stated in the original comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
To clarify Ezy. This was according to 3-4 articles in various sources of the press, from the Guardian and ABC to the SMH and news.com. I was simply relaying that this is the indication they gave, which I should have stated in the original comment.

Sure, i think it conveniently fits the narrative - respected principal goes megamental.

I read the story and think 'a year and a half as principal in two states, firing off emails to mark latham?, im glad i wasnt on the P+C'

Anyway, the facts ill try and process are one family went utterly crazy and ruined at least 4 families, most likely for no reason that any decent person will be able to discern.

And i hope, even pray, that truth makes a comeback soon

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I imagine the "truthers" will claim some sort of conspiracy that the 3 killed were ambushed by cops. Sad all round.

Guys like Alex Jones have a lot to answer for

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The narrative yesterday was pillar of community goes rogue. This morning that is being punctured by 'erratic behaviour', 'mental health problems', and some unhappy parents regarding his work as a principal.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The narrative yesterday was pillar of community goes rogue. This morning that is being punctured by 'erratic behaviour', 'mental health problems', and some unhappy parents regarding his work as a principal.

Yeah i reckon 0 to 100 on the abhorrent killer scale in 6 months would be very very very rare.

I really hope theres no lasting damage to yorkey and walgett kids.

There probably isnt. Kids are astonishingly resilient when the abuse and trauma isnt hectic and/or sustained, and having a proper psycho teacher or pre-psycho teacher for a year is probably low grade.

They're probably going 'oh yeah, mr train was a psycho killer, anyone want a game of marbles?'

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I imagine the "truthers" will claim some sort of conspiracy that the 3 killed were ambushed by cops. Sad all round.

Guys like Alex Jones have a lot to answer for
They've already done that, according to the nutjobs this is all further evidence of a global conspiracy cover up etc. It does my head in. The narrative is shocking- one News Corp headline effectively blamed Naplan testing.

Reactions: 2 users