The run home - Can we make top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The run home - Can we make top 4

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Underestimate Geelong at your peril. They will make it to a PF and could go all the way.

Yes, they are a bit suspect, who isn't? They do drop a game here and there, which is fatal in finals of course. But Geelong haven't been up all year, they are also trying to time their run (good idea with their age profile), but every club knows that Geelong will be a serious hurdle come the pointy end.
Reckon Geelong has been shaping well, but just spoke to a Cats supporter who says they won't make the GF. Reckons Higgins is gone and there's only room to play one of Higgins, Dahlhaus and Menegola in the same side, but they don't have the depth to upgrade.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Dalhaus never does anything against us. Menegola is handy. Interesting to see if they did peak too early and age/injury kicks in now.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Geelong are a good side, and deserve to be =2nd premiership favourites, alongside the Lions, dogs and Dees, but they have suspect talls down back, and their talls up forward dont have a great track record against us when it matters. and they have no ruck. and their midfield is strong but has no stand outs. and they are slow.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dalhaus never does anything against us. Menegola is handy. Interesting to see if they did peak too early and age/injury kicks in now.
trust me, old man fatigue is setting.
Wont make the top 4.
Hope they drop out of the 8

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
trust me, old man fatigue is setting.
Wont make the top 4.
Hope they drop out of the 8
Nah Smith and Cameron have made them a 5 goal better team this year. Like any team can have an off game but definitely the team to beat!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As a means of laying off on my "win the Premiership bet", I've taken $4 that we miss the eight :mad:

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I can't even think about top 4 as I'm struggling to find any player that will be able to chase down Oleg Markov Thursday night.

We are super slow.

With 3 possible backmen out, not looking good at all.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Dalhaus DOES nothing against anyone. Zero kick against the Lions on thurs, Scott loves him, Higgins is soft and finished, its a superanniation pay day for him, he is another Scott love child, yet Narkle cant get a run.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can we make top 8 ?
Maybe, but we'd want to extract the digit in a hurry.
Crippling run of injuries this year has made it extremely difficult to make finals n probably impossible to get the threepeat.
Having said that, there's always a bonus hiding behind the *smile* of this year. Nigel, Raaalph, Not Dusty, R2D2, Delilah, all debutants plus Cujo geting his second n more games. Quite possible we'll still see Moju, Millerlite or Cumerbund debut in the next few weeks as well. Then we also have the likes of Parker, Stacky, Dow, Garp or Naishy who should also be putting the hand up for senior games before the season ends.
Top things off with our six picks in the first three rounds of this years draft then any slip down the ladder can only improve our draft hand slightly.

Three flags in four years plus whatever happens this year n it's obvious there's a need to refresh the list if we plan on remaining in strong future contention for flags n finals. It's gotta be done right to not *smile* off champions n heroes of our club, but it does have to be done n it starts this year.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
When was the last time a team won a premiership and missing the finals the following year?