Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

For a newcomer at AFL level he acquitted himself quite well and we need to continue to play him for him to progress. However, of Ross I am not so sure

Reactions: 1 user
For a newcomer at AFL level he acquitted himself quite well and we need to continue to play him for him to progress. However, of Ross I am not so sure
Dow stays Ross goes along with Aarts we need speed now and blokes who can use the footy.

It was good that Hardwick gave Dow a chance in the guts in the second half, particularly against Steele. Strategic.

More to work with than RCD and Ross imo.

I’d be trying to make him a Matt Crouch type. Crouch is slow, not a heavy build, but is good in close by hand like Dow.

Dow just needs to work on his tank and getting his kick to handball ratio up.

Reactions: 2 users

I’d be trying to make him a Matt Crouch type. Crouch is slow, not a heavy build, but is good in close by hand like Dow.

Yeah I thought he handballed a few too many times today but looks to have put on some pre season muscle and was one of our better players.

I'd have him in the team ahead of Shedda based purely on the past two weeks.
Shane has credits in the bank b& likely not dropped yet but Dow has the upside.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
One of our best mids today. Needs games under his belt. Keeps playing.

Reactions: 6 users

I think we should take a chance on his brother from the blues

He was ok. Granted he’s a younger player and was solid for 2/3’s of the game, but then went missing. Persevere as he’s young and we have little else apart from Sonsie. Has to improve by foot as without speed, he needs elite skills.

I'd play RCD as he is a big body mid quicker than Graham. Nothing to lose.

Thought he was great-but some of his kicking is really poor-he skies a fair few even when not under much pressure.

As Viper said to Jester in Top Gun after Maverick lost his mojo. "keep sending him back up"!!

Keep sending Dow out there he's taken the spot we thought RCD was going to take lets see how he develops in there.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users