Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I liked his game today, showed about of zip around the contest. Had a few rushed disposals after winning the ball in congestion which can be forgiven. He came off, went down into the rooms and came back on for a few minutes before they subbed him off so hopefully that shows his injury isn't severe and more of an annoyance than anything.

Reckon he still needs to put on a bit of muscle though.

Yeah I liked his game too. He's not super quick but he has a little burst and evasiveness out of the clearance. 9 contested possessions and 5 clearances from 68% TOG.

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Put in a good competitive effort and if not badly injured should be selected for a run of games over the next few rounds.
Needs an opportunity to develop some confidence and settle into playing senior footy.
Give him a decent run at it and let's see what he's got to offer.

Reactions: 3 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i thought he was great in the centre bounces, especially teamed with soldo

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
leading the team in clearances today,

is not an insignificant statistic.

Reactions: 11 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Think he was leading us for clearances before he got hurt.
14 disp, 9 contested 2nd for clearances in game with 5 (team high). Green 1st with 6. Was subbed out, holding his knee when he went down, he was able to get off the ground himself tho so hopefully just a knock

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Thought he contributed. Has some tricks. Gets bumped off the ball a bit to easily but with time hecwill develop that side of his game.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought he was great. Yes his stats line isn’t that impressive but his speed & nimbleness around the packs made a noticeable difference to our midfield.

Pace. Pace is what our midfield has been lacking. Thomson brings that. Persist.

Reactions: 11 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
He played pretty well but i doubt he plays when we are at full strength. Can see why guys like Dow (Lipinski from Bulldogs is a good example) change clubs to get regular game time. You have to be an absolute elite junior to break into a strong team (a la Bolton and Balta).

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Electric feet, as TOO said, nibleness.
Best if he gives off by hand instead of kicking, kicking may improve a bit once he gets more exposure and becomes more comfortable with the pace of the game at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 user

bpchia

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2016
I was sitting right behind the Richmond bench, he actually ran off the ground, was examined in the rooms, and I thought he was coming back on because he was up on the boundary looking to get back on, had a drink while standing near the boundary line, then about 2 mins later he sat down and then Aarts went on...feeling it was a choice to put Aarts on for fresh legs and not take any risk with Dow...the way he ran off didn't seem to be a structural issue

Reactions: 9 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I was sitting right behind the Richmond bench, he actually ran off the ground, was examined in the rooms, and I thought he was coming back on because he was up on the boundary looking to get back on, had a drink while standing near the boundary line, then about 2 mins later he sat down and then Aarts went on...feeling it was a choice to put Aarts on for fresh legs and not take any risk with Dow...the way he ran off didn't seem to be a structural issue
Very plausible reasoning @bpchia hope you are spot on!

Reactions: 1 user

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
Love to see Prestia back out there but rushing him back after hamstring tightness? Let Dow have another go if not injured.

Reactions: 5 users