Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Dow is in the League's Top 10 for centre clearances.

http://*a website not PRE*/images/players/DowCentreClearancesR42022.png
Source: AFL Record, Round 4, 2022

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
First game I thought Dow didn't look overawed.

Geez Prestia is so important for our team; generates superb drive from the guts but also takes the pressure off Cotch and Shedda - and Dow.

Reactions: 5 users
I don’t care what the market is, I wanna go all in on this kid.
Hard, quick, skilful smart. Future star.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Can play but needs to kick the ball more and improve the physical ( tackling ) part of his game.
I thought he was a bit weak with some of his efforts today in contesting the ball.

Reactions: 4 users
Struggled at times
Was worked over and beaten by opponents with more desire.
But worked back into it and did alright I the 3rd. That's a good sign

Again some good signs mixed with a couple of errors , definitely has handball locked in as first option , I think that last night was now the minimum standard for TD , I like him , absolutely must play every game .

Not saying MartYn is the answer however hopefully they get rid of the ridiculous ” education “ of him playing half back at VFL and give him games alongside Dow in the middle of the ones .

Should have had that set shot from 45 rather than handpass to Short. Although short should not have called for it, he’s about 1 from 8 converting when he does.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Again some good signs mixed with a couple of errors , definitely has handball locked in as first option , I think that last night was now the minimum standard for TD , I like him , absolutely must play every game .

Not saying MartYn is the answer however hopefully they get rid of the ridiculous ” education “ of him playing half back at VFL and give him games alongside Dow in the middle of the ones .
"Re education" sounds like Khmer rouge tactics

Should have had that set shot from 45 rather than handpass to Short. Although short should not have called for it, he’s about 1 from 8 converting when he does.
Shorty should simply never be allowed to roam forward of centre. He's become a serial pest at scrounging the cheapie from team mates n nearly always *smile* up the shot.

If Dow is selected this week it will be a massive vote of confidence from the MC.

If he's rested it's not terminal. Defensive stuff is something all the young ones have to develop.

Just by the by, we're clearly not using enough obscure archaic cultural references when making up nicks for our youngsters. Lift, PRE!

So I'm proposing Roland for Dow. Or Gunner, which is even more ancient. And maybe even worse.

Reactions: 1 users
If Dow is selected this week it will be a massive vote of confidence from the MC.

If he's rested it's not terminal. Defensive stuff is something all the young ones have to develop.

Just by the by, we're clearly not using enough obscure archaic cultural references when making up nicks for our youngsters. Lift, PRE!

So I'm proposing Roland for Dow. Or Gunner, which is even more ancient. And maybe even worse.

Too much Warren Zevon is never enough.

Dows been good. Had a sketchy one v Crows.
one of a bunch of younger guys against the Demons.
I'm looking forward to see how they go against, and i hate saying it, quality opposition.

Reactions: 1 user