Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There's not being able to kick & then there's looking like a complete unco.
He has many good traits but Dow's left foot is a weakness he really needs to work on.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Corkie according to 774. They implied it was a dubious substitution and that he was ready to go back on before being told he was being subbed, and apparantly looked despondent afterwards.
It's amazing how the footy callers can make such quick and final judgement on a player's injury status. We don't need emergency departments, we just need the commentators on the front line giving their assessments. Imagine how much money our health system could save in diagnostic equipment.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We now know the reason for the fall off in Dow's performance against the Dees so get the corkie healed and watch the kid progress. Still has areas to work on but has a lot of promise

Reactions: 1 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Wonder if that unco left foot kick was related to the cookie.

Haven't noticed him looking that bad before. Sure he must have kicked on the left in the past.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
He was definitely injured. Saw him come off and speak to the doc. He was really struggling to cover the ground prior.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
With a 5 day break and an interstate game I hope they give him a rest to fully recover this week.

DS

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Dow is a real challenge.

He could make it. His strength is ball winning. Got 11 clearances on the weekend and when we couldn't imagine a football Dow was beating three to get it. All game.

His positioning is wrong. He runs the wrong way. His use is often mediocre. He can't kick. He doesn't run hard enough the other way and lacks defensive application. Defensive desperation is as they say - below his pay grade and above his sense of wonder.

He has other flaws in his game. But sometimes he just wills the ball and uses smart. Sets team mates to space. As if he wants to win the game.

This one is keeper. I expect him back in the seniors. Many flaws. Three crucial strengths. BWA. Will not lie down. A plan for the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dow is a real challenge.

He could make it. His strength is ball winning. Got 11 clearances on the weekend and when we couldn't imagine a football Dow was beating three to get it. All game.

His positioning is wrong. He runs the wrong way. His use is often mediocre. He can't kick. He doesn't run hard enough the other way and lacks defensive application. Defensive desperation is as they say - below his pay grade and above his sense of wonder.

He has other flaws in his game. But sometimes he just wills the ball and uses smart. Sets team mates to space. As if he wants to win the game.

This one is keeper. I expect him back in the seniors. Many flaws. Three crucial strengths. BWA. Will not lie down. A plan for the ball.
Must have got his clearances in the first half.
Went missing in the second and couldn’t get near it at the centre bounces. Disappointing effort for a player on the senior cusp.
Or did I go to the fridge one too many times in the second half?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Must have got his clearances in the first half.
Went missing in the second and couldn’t get near it at the centre bounces. Disappointing effort for a player on the senior cusp.
Or did I go to the fridge one too many times in the second half?
My viewing showed Dow fighting the game out, DA. Winning contested ball when we couldn’t get a touch.

Our CB problem in the last quarter looked to stem from poor positioning, especially of Samson Ryan. And I’m ok with the idea that Morris lost his compass.

That was a reversible result imo against top line VFA company.

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
I thought we were in trouble when I saw Dow playing on Touk Miller. Why TF can't we get midfielders that can get the ball out of the centre. We have been killed in this stat all year. RCD not much chop as well.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Are we sure we got the better Dow? Maybe they're both crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users