Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

If Dow is selected this week it will be a massive vote of confidence from the MC.

If he's rested it's not terminal. Defensive stuff is something all the young ones have to develop.

Just by the by, we're clearly not using enough obscure archaic cultural references when making up nicks for our youngsters. Lift, PRE!

So I'm proposing Roland for Dow. Or Gunner, which is even more ancient. And maybe even worse.

Not Headless?

Reactions: 1 user
Good quality to have.
Still, Headless Thomson does have a certain ring to it. Along the lines of Shoeless Joe.

Reactions: 1 users
The MC have a lot of confidence in the emerging Dow. Great to see him get a run of games to see where he is. I reckon he will make it
Well we need someone to make it, the cupboard is bare.

The Sonz will make it too.

Riley is the other one we NEED to make it, and Junior is the sweet icing on top

Well we need someone to make it, the cupboard is bare.

The Sonz will make it too.

Riley is the other one we NEED to make it, and Junior is the sweet icing on top
Really excited about seeing Dow Ross and RCD showing they belong tonight

Dusty and lambert putting the heat on for team positions

3rd year in the system. Still only 20yo. All his numbers are trending up. I’d say young Dow is going along very nicely at this early stage of his career.

Reactions: 3 users
No coincidence Petracca got off the leash when Dow got subbed out.

• Sad
Why was he subbed out?

Corkie according to 774. They implied it was a dubious substitution and that he was ready to go back on before being told he was being subbed, and apparantly looked despondent afterwards.

Reactions: 2 users
Good quality to have.
Still, Headless Thomson does have a certain ring to it. Along the lines of Shoeless Joe.

Roland the (headless) Tommy gunner avenged his own death after his head was blown off by a Bay of Pigs type CIA agent, wammo. As the story goes.

Hopefully, Dow can avenge tonight.

It was good that the MC retained its faith win young Dow after he was caught out defensively at crucial times against the (apparently) not spooney Crows.

But the young fellow was caught short against the awesome Premiers and reluctantly admitted to being inured to allow Matthew Parker to come on.

Not a good weekend.

It was good that the MC retained its faith win young Dow after he was caught out defensively at crucial times against the (apparently) not spooney Crows.

But the young fellow was caught short against the awesome Premiers and reluctantly admitted to being inured to allow Matthew Parker to come on.

Not a good weekend.
He's making steps Captain.
But we want him to be making strides.
Still batting high for his age and in need of a spell.
Will come back stronger in the spring

I was wrong last night. He's had 11 games, although I can't remember if any where as a sub.
He got found out against the leagues best last night, but he won't be the last young player to do that.
In contrast to RCD, who I want to succeed desperately as we need a big bodied brute in our middle, Dow is showing something. Given he's so young, bit disappointed we took him into the game after "he'd had a knock" plenty of clubs ruin kids by pushing them with injuries to play. I hope it was very minor, but he played like it wasn't.... See how he's going after 40 games.

Looks lost at times. That left poke kick after running around in circles was cringe worthy.

Learnt a lesson last night, good for him.

How are those kicking skills, (not), going that I have been talking about, a bit of a worry.