Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
No. What is it?
he reckons AB was knobbled.

I'd say its much more likely they gave him a tranq while he was stuck in a float in 40 degrees for 4 hours waiting to win $2m. I struggle to describe how *smile* hot and humid that day was. 20 year old Gold Coast beauticians in aircon would have stunk like homeless old men?

I really like Pierata tomorrow. The Handicapper hasn't missed him, but I think that because he is a couple of classes better than them. and finally theres a horse I really like better than 2-1

Last edited:

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Canberra
he reckons AB was knobbled.

I'd say its much more likely they gave him a tranq while he was stuck in a float in 40 degrees for 4 hours waiting to win $2m. I struggle to describe how ******* hot and humid that day was. 20 year old Gold Coast beauticians in aircon would have stunk like homeless old men?

I really like Pierata tomorrow. The Handicapper hasn't missed him, but I think that because he is a couple of classes better than them. and finally theres a horse I really like better than 2-1
Your theory is sound imo.

Tiger44

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2005
Fabric may be running at Bendigo Saturday test results pending. If they go ahead she is an excellent chance, currently $5. Great each way bet.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Zahra. All clear!
Gives me the jimmies with every two bit commentator looking to be setting the agenda screeching why is racing still going.
One I cannot believe how many people want to put others out of work so they feel better but more its ignorance of the way they have structured the whole racing environment and ignorance of the disease. Idiots saying how can they keep 1.5m away during a race....well the elapsed time of a whole Rae meeting is less than 12 minutes and i reckon I had a dozen under 1.5 contacts in 30 minutes of shopping yesterday.
Yes it is on borrowed time but what is gained by a premature closure?
Those who know racing also know that other Saturday city and country cups every race meeting would meet the toughest of crowd restrictions.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
But where it's still viable why not soldier on? Alternative is to add 25000 people to the dole queues.
I get that but the messaging is slightly askew. Like the AFL trying to solder on - that industry shutting has also sent a bucketload of people to the dole queue - or the people at the beach they were probably safe too.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I get that but the messaging is slightly askew. Like the AFL trying to solder on - that industry shutting has also sent a bucketload of people to the dole queue - or the people at the beach they were probably safe too.
The messaging needs to come from the govt. whether it's racing or any other industry if they meet the criteria they are entitled to stay open and I would argue should. Now is not the time for moralising. But racing has become a whipping boy for the media and wider public on so many issues so it's no surprise at all. (footy shut primarily because the states put travel restrictions on not because of any proximity rule changes... have I got that right?)

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
its getting ******* harder and harder to back a winner I reckon.

the last few carnivals have seemed as unpredictable as **** to me.
I reckon they should've aimed her for the Donny easy.

Reactions: 1 user