Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
A great days racing at Randwick on Saturday.

I'm going to have an each way bet on Melody Belle in the Donny. She's equal top weight and drawn the carpark, but I love her and reckon she'll be storming home.
The track looks like being slow, maybe even heavy. I'd be all over Shadow Hero like a rash in the Derby if the track was good.
Bobbing has to be a special in the Country Final under the special conditions.

What will be the state of the track late in the day when the Doncaster is run? Best not to have an inside gate.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
think ill have a day on the couch with the phone account today.

think ill stick with Pierata in the TJ.

like Leysys Warning in the derby

and Brandenberg in The Donny

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
A little gun shy after Fabric's poor effort last week, but..... My Pendant goes around at Caulfield and will appreciate the wet track. Each way is a good bet, at her best she would win but not sure she is at her best. We get $5.50 to find out I guess.

Don't mind Zebrowski in the Derby looking for a bit of value.

Sabkhat at big odds in race 8 at Doomben if you have a spare $1.

Good punting all (not sure how long it can keep going) but while it is enjoy as there is nothing else to keep me amused. (other than replays of 2017 & 2019 GF's)

T44

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hope the robbing mongrels get their arse kicked in court.

Imagine if the old on course SP tried to pay 20% of your ticket.

they would either

1. be rendered wheelchair bound for a very long time, or
2. have their house burned down, or
3. be run out of town, or most likely
4. all of the above.

these online pricks are quite simply crooks to the same degree as insurance companies, lawyers and bankers.

and a large part of the reason I don't bet with them.

I've exchanged cash for a paper ticket for years now.

the reality of this case is, beteasy will have a QC owes them millions who will drag the case out for years and send the poor punter broke in legals, even if they win.

*smile*.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Imagine if the old on course SP tried to pay 20% of your ticket.

they would either

1. be rendered wheelchair bound for a very long time, or
2. have their house burned down, or
3. be run out of town, or most likely
4. all of the above.

these online pricks are quite simply crooks to the same degree as insurance companies, lawyers and bankers.

and a large part of the reason I don't bet with them.

I've exchanged cash for a paper ticket for years now.

the reality of this case is, beteasy will have a QC owes them millions who will drag the case out for years and send the poor punter broke in legals, even if they win.

If there's one good thing about COVID-19, we are not getting those ****** online betting companies ramming those ****** commercials down our throats every 2nd commercial.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They shoud refund every punter who has placed a bet that could not possibly have been paid out (according to their fine print).

I had an insurance company that id insured an old 100 farm house for 10 years with.

I'd never claimed, when a mini tornado blew the roof clean off, and the insurance knocked me back ion the claim.

the assessor goes 'the house isn't built to code. no-one has used roofing nails for 50 years'

I said 'they didn't have a *smile* code in 1910'

I looked at my original declaration, and I'd told them explicitly the house was built in 1910.

they still refused to pay, and so I argued that I had paid 10 years premiums and had never really been insured, and so surely they should refund the premiums (about $10K).

and I am not offering a prize for guessing what they said next, and what the outcome was.

there a few certainties in this world, but a couple are

bookies and insurance companies are complete *smile*.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Know a guy that cashed out a syd quaddie yesterday and got $82K incorrectly. apparently there were about 1300 odd incorrectly offered cash outs. He cashed out and has transferred the funds, although transfers will only happen in bank hour. The tab is aware will be interesting to see what happens. Quad die paid 5200 in vic.

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
watching the races on the wireless is the last remaining normal thing.

so thats what I'm doing today.

The QE is one of the most intriguing races I can remember. Some real quality mudlarks (Abeybb, Shark, Very Elegant, Melody Belle) up against what seems like a seriously good Japanese horse who hasn't started on a wet track. Watching his trackwork with Jmac steering seemed like he was floating over the wet ground? I can't wait to see this horse. He looks like a rare animal. I think I'll back him, if nothing else to avoid the feeling of stupidity in not backing Lys Gracieux. Think Very Elegant is the danger on a bog.

In the Oaks, I like Collette. simply destroyed them last week.

then I think I'll give Funstar another go back at a mile.

then if I have any of the bookies money, I'll go for the throat on Fasika in there last, with a saver on I am Excited at the price.

good punting fellas. hope you have a normal feeling day.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Pity about the wet track (again) in Sydney. Liked the way Raheen House finished off last week so the 3200 should suit. Also backed Nettoyer - goes up in weight but did win a Doncaster so back to Mares grade should be a good chance - $9 each way all day!
Difficult to tell how Caulfield track will play, was a leaders bias (again) last week. Don't mind Guizot at around $7 each way in the last.

Good punting - don't have a radio Ezy so will have to settle for Foxtel/Sky and the dribble commentators they serve up!

T44

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Know a guy that cashed out a syd quaddie yesterday and got $82K incorrectly. apparently there were about 1300 odd incorrectly offered cash outs. He cashed out and has transferred the funds, although transfers will only happen in bank hour. The tab is aware will be interesting to see what happens. Quad die paid 5200 in vic.

Update. No cash here, got only the greater of what should have been the cash out and the actual quaddie dividend (he was successful in the quaddie). And a bonus bet ($50) for his trouble. The interesting thing was if he had continued to punt with the $82K and had won they would have honoured any winnings he had with that. If he had continued to bet and lost the money he would not have had to repay the $$. So in hindsight he had a free hit.

• Sad

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The QE is one of the most intriguing races I can remember. Some real quality mudlarks (Abeybb, Shark, Very Elegant, Melody Belle) up against what seems like a seriously good Japanese horse who hasn't started on a wet track. Watching his trackwork with Jmac steering seemed like he was floating over the wet ground? I can't wait to see this horse. He looks like a rare animal. I think I'll back him, if nothing else to avoid the feeling of stupidity in not backing Lys Gracieux. Think Very Elegant is the danger on a bog.

then I think I'll give Funstar another go back at a mile.

Agree with you about the QE.
I hate it when my favourites race against each other.................what to do.
The Shark has been very good to me, but has synthetic hoof filler for the first time.
I've backed Melody Belle a few times including last week in the Donny, she was ridden upside down off a wide barrier. What a huge run, 4 wide no cover for the entire journey.
I had Veery Elleegant in every thing bar a sh!t sandwich in the Spring.
What a story if the Clapper could win, don't like him at the distance though.
Master of Wine is the spruik horse.
Danon Premium has a 2nd to Almond Eye arguably, along with Deep iImpact Japan's best ever horse, and has a win over Lys Gracieux.
Addeybb couldn't have been more impressive beating Veery Elleegant in his first Australian start, and has a 2 1/2 length win over Magic Wand in England.
Surely Waller couldn't get the roughies in Kolding and Imaging up could he.
I wouldn't mind seeing Vow and Declare win.

Going to back both the Shark and the Belle for the win, and take them with Veery Elleegant in a trifecta.

Dawn Passage in the next at Randwick.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
By some miracle, I ended up showing a profit at the Autumn carnival.

Only backed 2 winners in a month, but Tofane in the ALL Aged at 12-1 snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I always reckon there's a good horse or two, who the trainer for whatever reason, tries to pick off some black type and some prize money off the tail of the carnivals, against sub-standard fields

I reckon In Her Time is that horse today.

G1 mare in a flimsy G3.

she missed the kick last start and steamed home. I think she wins today.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
By some miracle, I ended up showing a profit at the Autumn carnival.

Only backed 2 winners in a month, but Tofane in the ALL Aged at 12-1 snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I always reckon there's a good horse or two, who the trainer for whatever reason, tries to pick off some black type and some prize money off the tail of the carnivals, against sub-standard fields

I reckon In Her Time is that horse today.

G1 mare in a flimsy G3.

she missed the kick last start and steamed home. I think she wins today.
You've convinced me