Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Does Johnny Allen get suspended for allowing his mount to shift in........he should. Therefore the protest has to be upheld.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Does Johnny Allen get suspended for allowing his mount to shift in........he should. Therefore the protest has to be upheld.
not really related. A horse can shift in without affecting the result.

And I backed Anamoe.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
not really related. A horse can shift in without affecting the result.

And I backed Anamoe.
That’s correct. And State had its head in front when doing so plus they straightened up with more than 50 to go and Anamoe still couldn’t head State.

I wasn’t on either and couldn’t care !!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Williams could not use his whip, unlike Allen, so had to ease up until clear again and lost by a whisker, ahead a stride past the post. Rule is you cannot impede another horse's run with SoR moving in width of 2 horses.

So should have been upheld for mine. But too much at stake though for the racing establishment, too afraid of losing the big international stables? Pity for the the local Aussies like J. Cummings. International raiders grab huge $$ again.

I thought Anomoe was best horse in the CP at that weight but too short so took Dalasan for a long shot (nuts). Tough result for connections.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I backed neither horse and dont really give a stuff Godolphin V Coolmore

but I though it was pretty clear cut upheld protest.

if the winner ran straight, it would have run second.

I actually thought Bowman might have done Williams a favour and thrown in a protest 4th against 1st.

Allen completely poleaxed Mo'unga and threw him totally off stride on the turn weaving through his split.

great aggressive ride by Allen though. Exactly how I want a jockey riding my horse.

Incentive would have brained the lot of them.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Pity for the the local Aussies like J. Cummings.
Gee @leon ya making it sound like he's the proverbial Aussie battler.... Wasn't he training Anamoe for Sheik Shitloads of Coin...... the worlds largest horse owner?
That said, and I'm neither an expert or a punter...... robbed!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Isn't a jockey expected to straighten his mount when it's moving off it's line? I was Anamoe on too.

yes. Allen didnt stop whipping his horse towards Anemoe at any stage, whereas Williams had to stop whipping for about 5 strides. SOP also forced Anemoe into the slowest going for the final 50.

I was sure protest would be upheld. I reckon John Allen did too.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Gee @leon ya making it sound like he's the proverbial Aussie battler.... Wasn't he training Anamoe for Sheik Shitloads of Coin...... the worlds largest horse owner?
That said, and I'm neither an expert or a punter...... robbed!
Yer, I realise but still lots of local staff so more Aussie than O'Brien's Coolmore I'd say. But the big international operations are probably dominating more and more.
And, hey, Cummings' wife just had another baby this morning - another Aussie mouth to feed ! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez I like Dean Yendall interviews. Hah ha hah….that bloke is a loose nut and doesn’t care one iota. Very funny.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Geez I like Dean Yendall interviews. Hah ha hah….that bloke is a loose nut and doesn’t care one iota. Very funny.
He reckoned Captivant never went in the going but he had it at full tilt before the 600. Asking a bit much of a 3yo.

Cox Plate sectionals.jpg

Truth be told he has made the race for the winner by running off the track on the turn.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Stewards should have the power to award a dead-heat.

It would have been a just outcome.

if you dont stand for something STC, youlle fall for anything.

this fence-sitting power to be pissweak,

would be the kind of thing Gil McLachlan would love.

In the old days, when their were bookmakers wearing hats and carrying bags,

you could bet on the outcome of a protest and declare a market forced dead-heat yourself.

while all these corporate on-line spivs offer useless gimmicks

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He reckoned Captivant never went in the going but he had it at full tilt before the 600. Asking a bit much of a 3yo.

View attachment 13933

Truth be told he has made the race for the winner by running off the track on the turn.
Yeah very strange tactics by the Captivant connections. Seemed at complete odds with his general racing style. Maybe he wasn’t much hope of winning the race but the way they rode him gave him zero chance. I thought Anamoe was probably best credentialed horse but Captivant was within half a length of him in the Guineas and was 4 times the price. So backed him each way. Those tactics gave him no chance.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Anyway despite the close finish and lengthy protest thought it was a pretty average Cox Plate. Far from vintage. Just shows the dearth of WFA staying talent in this country when a horse can trip from Ireland to USA to Australia and clean up our best race. Apart from the freak Winx we haven’t had a local Cox Plate winner since 2013. The emphasis on 2 year old racing and quick returns has been to the extreme detriment of local staying talent. Agree with ezy that Incentivise would have brained this field. He could well turn out to be the exception to the rule.

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
First time I had thought of Saratoga races since Carly Simon sang

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga
And your horse naturally won