Thoroughbred racing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoroughbred racing

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I think Les Bridge said after the race that CL is the best he's ever trained?

Can't believe LL won that race. Enormous class rise even if she has been in good form.

Bridge said he hasn’t even scratched the surface with him yet. Frightening.

Could have the Sydney majors at his mercy. On todays run could even go for the derby.

Hope Orchestral comes over from NZ. Would be great to see them go toe to toe.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Bridge said he hasn’t even scratched the surface with him yet. Frightening.

Could have the Sydney majors at his mercy. On todays run could even go for the derby.

Hope Orchestral comes over from NZ. Would be great to see them go toe to toe.
Orchestral is a superstar. Could turn out to be the best horse to come out of NZ in a long time. But she won't clash with CL this time. Vinery Stakes on 30th and Oaks 2 weeks later. She will win both. She has already won the NZ Derby so she doesn't need to win Australian Derby. Oaks will do fine.

Then the Cox Plate in the spring.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Imperatriz didnt look like the winner for a single metre of that race to me. I dont think the handicapper got her, i reckon she just ran flat. Heat perhaps? Thats punting and my autumn finished.
The winner was good though.
A genuine excuse easy. A scope showed that Imperatriz had a degree of internal exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhage.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A genuine excuse easy. A scope showed that Imperatriz had a degree of internal exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhage.

wow. I could see she wasn't herself the whole way down.

what an incredible animal to fight on for 2nd in a G1 with a blown main pump?

as if we needed another reminder that there are no limits to the ways you can lose a heap of dough on the nags :ROFLMAO:

punting through climate change aint gonna get any easier I tell ya

anyway, my '24 blew along with the great mares ticker.

I might have some kind of windfall I use to justify pulling a seat back up to the table in Spring,

but until then, adios and bueno suerte

Last edited:

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

as if we needed another reminder that there are no limits to the ways you can lose a heap of dough on the nags :ROFLMAO:

I might have some kind of windfall I use to justify pulling a seat back up to the table in Spring,

Bloody hell, I thought I had run out of ways to get beaten on the nags.

Terrific run given the circumstances.

I’m assuming that’s her Autumn campaign over now?

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Bloody hell, I thought I had run out of ways to get beaten on the nags.

Terrific run given the circumstances.

I’m assuming that’s her Autumn campaign over now?

It's not as serious as it suggests.

Very common in horses - it basically means she tried her guts out and traces of blood was found in her lungs.

Would possibly have impacted her performance, but she'll likely be fine to continue in her prep and run in a couple of weeks in the William Reid.

Reckon the inside barrier (can be poison down the straight) impacted her ability to win more.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's not as serious as it suggests.

Very common in horses - it basically means she tried her guts out and traces of blood was found in her lungs.

Would possibly have impacted her performance, but she'll likely be fine to continue in her prep and run in a couple of weeks in the William Reid.
If she is right to run in the WR then she just wins it. Don't think any horse can touch her at WFA at the Valley.

If she goes on to TJ she probably wins that too. The only horse I think that can match her is I Wish I Win. He's an exceptional talent although the handling of him by Moody is bizarre. He's got one of the best horses in the country and he doesn't run him. He's had two starts this whole season; 3rd in Memsie and 2nd in Everest. It's quite strange. Beating Imperatriz first up in the TJ is a massive ask.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If she is right to run in the WR then she just wins it. Don't think any horse can touch her at WFA at the Valley.

If she goes on to TJ she probably wins that too.

I know what leysy is saying - that its same as 'bleeding'. Foamy nostril blood. Think youde need odds reflecting the risk something internal
Explodes and she shudders and dies mid race.

I know what leysy saying it can be nothing,

But my old man had a horse that bled barely perceptible.

They bred it and got offered $100k as an unraced 3yo.

It had trialled some slick times and caught the binoculars of some honky kongs.

Anyway, they wanted to have some fun with this quick filly theyde paddock bred, so they knocked it back,

And it dropped dead under the trackwork jockey a week later.

$100 grand dogfood

• Sad
  • Wow

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With the chance of it happening again, especially if they continue on with her campaign, I'd be tipping Imperatriz out and bringing her back for the spring.
A good spell with the correct meds should reduce the risk factor.

Edit

Have just read that they are pushing on to the William Reid.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With the chance of it happening again, especially if they continue on with her campaign, I'd be tipping Imperatriz out and bringing her back for the spring.
A good spell with the correct meds should reduce the risk factor.

Edit

Have just read that they are pushing on to the William Reid.

even if I had any money left,

I wouldn't back her.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
even if I had any money left,

I wouldn't back her.
Te Akau Racing would be one of the most professional outfits in the racing industry; not just in AUS/NZ but globally. If they think she's right to go that's good enough for me. Hopefully others have doubts and we get black figures for the race; I'll be all over it if that's the case.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Te Akau Racing would be one of the most professional outfits in the racing industry; not just in AUS/NZ but globally. If they think she's right to go that's good enough for me. Hopefully others have doubts and we get black figures for the race; I'll be all over it if that's the case.

I know what your saying about the Kiwis Riddles,

but even they're not immune to greed and pressure.

I think you're right. At The Valley at WFA, she probably *smile* it in.

I hope theres a few good horses around in 2025,

when my punting budget gets reallocated.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I know what your saying about the Kiwis Riddles,

but even they're not immune to greed and pressure.

I think you're right. At The Valley at WFA, she probably *smile* it in.

I hope theres a few good horses around in 2025,

when my punting budget gets reallocated.
Orchestral ezy, Orchestral. Break open the kids piggy bank and load up on the Vinery-Oaks Double in a few weeks. Will give you a bank for when she wins the Cox Plate in the spring.

Google her last 4 starts. In fact Google her first start as a 2 year old where she ran second. It was unbelievable. She wasn't in the camera shot with 50m to go and got beat a nose. She is outstanding.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Orchestral ezy, Orchestral. Break open the kids piggy bank and load up on the Vinery-Oaks Double in a few weeks. Will give you a bank for when she wins the Cox Plate in the spring.

Google her last 4 starts. In fact Google her first start as a 2 year old where she ran second. It was unbelievable. She wasn't in the camera shot with 50m to go and got beat a nose. She is outstanding.

yeah ive been watching her closely. freak..

dont think you will ever get back more than you stake on her but.

$15 pre-noms for the cox plate does seem a prudent investment

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
$2.25 the Vinery and $3.50 The Oaks right now. Free money.

while I tend to agree,

yesterday reminded me that disaster and destitution lurks around every bend.

indeed, on every straight.

She's yet to compete at G1 WFA - it is a big step.

She'd only have 2.5kg off Romantic Warrior in a cox plate wouldn't she?

Im convinced I reaped my biblical allocation of free money '16-'20.

In 3 score years and ten,

maybe the punter gets to collect not one more than a hundred pieces of gold?

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
She's yet to compete at G1 WFA - it is a big step.

She'd only have 2.5kg off Romantic Warrior in a cox plate wouldn't she?
IMHO the most important factor in a WFA horse is "turn of foot". She has it in spades. WFA will be no issue for her.

She will get 3.5kg from RW if they meet in the Cox Plate. I'd be happy to back her at level weights; that's how good I think she is.

That said if I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't need to work for a living:mhihi

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

If she goes on to TJ she probably wins that too. The only horse I think that can match her is I Wish I Win. He's an exceptional talent although the handling of him by Moody is bizarre. He's got one of the best horses in the country and he doesn't run him. He's had two starts this whole season; 3rd in Memsie and 2nd in Everest. It's quite strange. Beating Imperatriz first up in the TJ is a massive ask.

Can someone more experienced with horse racing explain that ride by Nash Rawlier on Private Eye to me?

Did he have a bet against himself or something?

Private Eye is not a 1000m horse. His lack of early pace showed that. He will run well fresh over shorter trips like many horses but generally 1000m sprinters are too sharp for him. Better suited to 1200-1400m. He'll probably run in the TJ Smith but can't see him beating Imperatriz or I Wish I Win.

Doing the review from Saturday and Imperatriz run was better than looked. They went very fast and everything around her dropped out.

Am with you that Te Akau know what they are doing and if she runs in the William Reid and TJ SMith you can be confident they have her right. She's too valuable not to be.

On Private Eye - Disagree on his best distance. He's been trained purely as a sprinter now.

Totally Talking through the kick but that defeat was purely down to a horrible ride. WTF was Nash doing snagging it back to last after it jumped well. It led up the Lightning Stakes over the same distance first up so has early speed.

It ran the fastest last 400m (21.44) and 200m (10.89) of the day. Horses cant run faster than that. It was actually physically impossible to run the time needed to win from there.

Ah well - The Great Game eh

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It ran the fastest last 400m (21.44) and 200m (10.89) of the day. Horses cant run faster than that. It was actually physically impossible to run the time needed to win from there.
Yeah they are exceptional splits. I Wish I Win ran 4 x sub 11 splits in the 2023 Lightning when narrowly running second to Coolangatta. Won of the most incredible runs I've seen. But then he was a bit flat second up when he still ran pretty well in the Newmarket for 3rd but couldn't overcome the big weight pull to a red hot filly In Secret. He was then freshened and destroyed a red hot field in the TJ Smith.

I think the same thing happened to PE. Maybe he was a little flat initially after a great first up run. That happens a lot. He may be trained as a sprinter but he has never won over 1000m. Like IWIW he has the ability to go very well fresh over 1000m but still think his best is in the 1200m - 1400m range.

< Movies | NRL >