Tigers select Thomas Roach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers select Thomas Roach

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How did some of you people get to complaining about other posters (or "clowns") bagging Tom already ?

As far as I can see, a few other posters have simply highlighted the fact that this is a very strange announcement by RFC, and that from what a couple of people have observed of his ability, that he may have some improvement in him - something which Tom himself highlighted last night i.e. his set shots at goal.

Given RFC's outrageous recruiting of recent year's and the circumstances surrounding this move, people have, at the very least, the right to question it.

And even in saying that, those that have questioned the move have still tailed off by saying that it's early days and they hope he does become a success story in any case. I don't call any of that bagging, just analytical comment.

Some of you "clowns" need to read posts a bit more carefully....

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Im still hopeful he will change his attitude and mature and grow up a bit and we can see what he really can do.

That is my sheer hope. Godo to see him do well for Coburg on the weekend.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Come on everyone, we have been bagging the club all year for our lack of young fellas, at least the club have got on the front foot.

Good luck Tom

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Well excuse me your almighty redford he who holds vast knowledge of all things posted. I mentioned that I was in that chat last night and there were a few comments on his abilites which I don't think any of us have seen yet. I reckon all this talk of the announcememt being a distraction is a load of crap. The club has mentioned a few times that they were looking at drafting him. His dad was told last Thursday that we would be drafting him and Tom found out on Sunday. People are just looking for another excuse to have a whinge about the club if you ask me.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
Come on everyone, we have been bagging the club all year for our lack of young fellas, at least the club have got on the front foot.

Good luck Tom

Here here

He was very impressive last night on club corner.
He was very very well spoken.
He loves the club, like we do.
Let's hope he's another Coughlan.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
TigersGoddess said:
His dad was told last Thursday that we would be drafting him

So unless the club has a crystal ball and knew we were gonna lose by 80 odd points they wernt trying to cover that up....

for god sake redford everyone has opinions...

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
tigerman said:
Rampaging Richo said:

Good luck Tom

He was very impressive last night on club corner.
He was very very well spoken.
He loves the club, like we do.

Agree tigerman. Tom is very well spoken for a 17 year old kid. Very impressive on club corner last night.

As long as this is the first step towards a clear direction of trading and drafting towards getting a number quality kids to Punt Road from here on to rebuild the list then I'll be happy.

Well done Tom and good luck.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
shawry said:
At least he can start training with the boys right away and Richmond can control his development and training programme to an extent. start getting him in the weights room early.
I dont have a problem with the early statement.

I am very impressed with your posts Shawry. i reckon I'd agree with 98% of them. The other 2%? Well, nobodies perfect... ;D ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
If we trade for another 3rd round pick, can we use that on Andrew Raines, or would we still need to use a 2nd round pick??

Andrew Raines is still eligible to play under 18's next year so I doubt very much we'd draft him this year.
Could use the 3rd round pick on him next year in that case.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Why do you think they'd take Kym over Andrew DF?

I wouldn't have a clue about either of them or how they play. All I meant was I'd be surprised if we'd draft a player still eligible for under 18's. Unless he's ready to play he'd possibly benefit from another year at the lower level and we'd get a better chance to size up his chances of making it.

Just an opinion though, maybe even a guess. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I think Kym will still be eligible for the 2005 draft. We have a handy production line of f/s players coming on in regular intervals.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
i really hope tom roach makes it all the best to the kid i just question if he would be the best kid available at around pick 40. i must say its good to see a youngster picked

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I feel sorry for the kid, Tommy Roach.

Any chance he may have had in becoming a good footy player has been cruely taken away from him.

With the announcement of the DUD coaching us in 2004, what hope does poor Thomas have???

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
TigersGoddess said:
Well excuse me your almighty redford he who holds vast knowledge of all things posted. I mentioned that I was in that chat last night and there were a few comments on his abilites which I don't think any of us have seen yet. I reckon all this talk of the announcememt being a distraction is a load of crap. The club has mentioned a few times that they were looking at drafting him. His dad was told last Thursday that we would be drafting him and Tom found out on Sunday. People are just looking for another excuse to have a whinge about the club if you ask me.

Ehhhh...well I HAVE seen him TG (which you have obviously NOT) and so had a couple of other people on this site who were questioning the selection.

And once again (because you appear a bit slow) nobody is actually bagging the guy, just passing an analytical comment based on a) what we HAVE SEEN of him and b) RFC 's poor record in recruiting and the intense pressure it finds itself in at the moment. I'm glad we've recruited a young kid and believe I actually even made the comment that I hope he replaces Pettifer in the number 8 jumper.

Geez, if you were a television reporter you’d only be good for covering nice soft, feel good stories on a kid’s program.

"for god sake redford everyone has opinions... "

Uuuummm...isn't that my whole point here GT ?

To make it clear, I question this decision and its timing but sincerely hope the guy DOES turn out to be a gun and that he takes the position of one of the many duds we need to replace on our playing list. He seems like a good kid and if it makes anyone feel any better...."Go Disco Junior".

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
BalmyArmy said:
shawry said:
At least he can start training with the boys right away and Richmond can control his development and training programme to an extent. start getting him in the weights room early.
I dont have a problem with the early statement.

I am very impressed with your posts Shawry. i reckon I'd agree with 98% of them. The other 2%? Well, nobodies perfect... ;D ;D

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Redford said:
Ehhhh...well I HAVE seen him TG (which you have obviously NOT) and so had a couple of other people on this site who were questioning the selection.

And once again (because you appear a bit slow) nobody is actually bagging the guy, just passing an analytical comment based on a) what we HAVE SEEN of him and b) RFC 's poor record in recruiting and the intense pressure it finds itself in at the moment. I'm glad we've recruited a young kid and believe I actually even made the comment that I hope he replaces Pettifer in the number 8 jumper.

Geez, if you were a television reporter you’d only be good for covering nice soft, feel good stories on a kid’s program.

Yes I'm extremely slow Redford you'll have to excuse me. I'll be working on the set of play school next year would you like a job? But where in my post did I single you out and say that you were bagging him? I also never said I'd seen him play so I wouldn't know what he's like and I'm sure many on this site haven't so they should wait and see before they say anything. A thousand apologies if I have offended you in any way ::)