Tigers v Casey Round 5 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Casey Round 5

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Umpires killing us the last 10 mins or so, frees not being paid, and a downfield against Ross there that wasn't even there. I'm not even sure Ross pushed him, I think he was off balance and just fell over.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Rossy simply above VFL level, needs to be played an honest bracket of AFL games during this years transition. He either steps up to the level and becomes a senior player or we go look elsewhere at seasons end. But first we need to give him a fair and honest look at seniors, not just one game n sub n out.

Bauer looks a smart n composed player down back, liking his game today n footy smarts are half the job.

Who's our number 66, is that Luke Teal???? Lanky, mobile, composed n smart down back. Got some rough edges n development work to do, but damn I enjoyed watching his work so far.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The commentators should be calling the game on the radio...........perhaps they think they are.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Rossy simply above VFL level, needs to be played an honest bracket of AFL games during this years transition. He either steps up to the level and becomes a senior player or we go look elsewhere at seasons end. But first we need to give him a fair and honest look at seniors, not just one game n sub n out.

Bauer looks a smart n composed player down back, liking his game today n footy smarts are half the job.

Who's our number 66, is that Luke Teal???? Lanky, mobile, composed n smart down back. Got some rough edges n development work to do, but damn I enjoyed watching his work so far.

Bauer reads the ball beautifully. It seems clear why he is being played back in the VFL. His reading of the play is outstanding.

Yes 66 is Teal. Has looked pretty good today.

Was really looking forward to seeing Steely Green and he's had a bit of a yeah/nah game. Good with some things, but some very ackward kicks to go with it.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just turned it on, I see what people are saying about the commentators, there appears to be only one side out there and the commentators are clearly going for Melbourne, oh, sorry, Casey, they have called them Melbourne a few times. The references to Casey as "we" and Richmond as "they" makes it even clearer.

One good sign is that players are passing to a moving player rather than how static the seniors often look. Less pressure in VFL is clear but we must be trying to shift the ball sideways in defence but finding hard to implement in the seniors.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sh1thouse biased commentary and already cut off. If they won, they'd be celebrating.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just turned it on, I see what people are saying about the commentators, there appears to be only one side out there and the commentators are clearly going for Melbourne, oh, sorry, Casey, they have called them Melbourne a few times. The references to Casey as "we" and Richmond as "they" makes it even clearer.

One good sign is that players are passing to a moving player rather than how static the seniors often look. Less pressure in VFL is clear but we must be trying to shift the ball sideways in defence but finding hard to implement in the seniors.

DS
Playing and moving better than our 1sts.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Excellent win. Now just need to translate this into the seniors. Ross and Bauer have to come into consideration.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Bauer looks like an AFL quality defender. Either the coaches got lucky or knew what they were doing throwing him into defense. Looking forward to his debut at AFL level any week now.

Reactions: 3 users