Tigers v Casey Round 5 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Casey Round 5

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah, but the game is slower, less pressured and there is so much more space. We seem to be unable to cope with the extra pressure in the seniors at the moment, and find space.

DS
True. Something we have to work on.

Reactions: 1 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Rossy simply above VFL level, needs to be played an honest bracket of AFL games during this years transition. He either steps up to the level and becomes a senior player or we go look elsewhere at seasons end. But first we need to give him a fair and honest look at seniors, not just one game n sub n out.

Bauer looks a smart n composed player down back, liking his game today n footy smarts are half the job.

Who's our number 66, is that Luke Teal???? Lanky, mobile, composed n smart down back. Got some rough edges n development work to do, but damn I enjoyed watching his work so far.
Have another look at Ross, should have iced the game when it counted but twice kicked out on the full, his disposal is not AFL level, repeat of the final moments of the Carlton game. Bauer deserves a game on today's effort.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Harsh - rucked all day against taller opponents great saving mark at end. Not a ruckman but won the ruck contests all game one of the main reasons we won.
Scrawny undersized streak of pelican *smile*. Was expecting him to get broken in half a few times today, but he mixed it up in there time n time again. Done well.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Have another look at Ross, should have iced the game when it counted but twice kicked out on the full, his disposal is not AFL level, repeat of the final moments of the Carlton game. Bauer deserves a game on today's effort.
Might be wrong but I think the second of those they said he was knocked as he kicked it…..but he is frustrating as he looks great at times at VFL level but then he doesn’t quite ice the cake. He does deserve a good look though

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Have another look at Ross, should have iced the game when it counted but twice kicked out on the full, his disposal is not AFL level, repeat of the final moments of the Carlton game.
Bah humbug. Busted his arse all game long for us, apart from Smelbourne's *smile* goal kicking, he was the main reason we were in the game all day. Yep, he flubbed a couple late in the game, reckon his legs might have near been falling off by then he'd done so much work.

Just out of curiosity. Who's disposal in the seniors is at AFL level currently???? If we weren't such butchers this year we'd be running at 50 / 50 so far this season and well in contention for finals instead of our entire season hanging by a single raggedy pubic hair.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Bauer looks like an AFL quality defender. Either the coaches got lucky or knew what they were doing throwing him into defense. Looking forward to his debut at AFL level any week now.
It’s been mentioned before that he was a defender and was moved forward a year or two ago in SA.

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Harsh - rucked all day against taller opponents great saving mark at end. Not a ruckman but won the ruck contests all game one of the main reasons we won.
Brindley is 195. Their rucks were 203 and 207

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Bauer reads the ball beautifully. It seems clear why he is being played back in the VFL. His reading of the play is outstanding.

Yes 66 is Teal. Has looked pretty good today.

Was really looking forward to seeing Steely Green and he's had a bit of a yeah/nah game. Good with some things, but some very ackward kicks to go with it.
Teal trained with the AFL squad up until Christmas. Could be a sneaky chance at the mid season draft

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Might be wrong but I think the second of those they said he was knocked as he kicked it…..but he is frustrating as he looks great at times at VFL level but then he doesn’t quite ice the cake. He does deserve a good look though
Agree best player on the ground but an AFL liability until he improves his disposal. Its a mental issue not technique because some of his worst disposals were when not under pressure.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Anyone know much about Austin Johnson? He always looks impressive to me as that small defender role which he plays. Not sure we would pick him, its not really a desperate need for us at the moment, but he's been impressing me a lot. I think he's still only around 21/22 so time to make it to the AFL.
I know his Mum if that helps!!
Apparently he is a great fella, works hard but is more of a slow development. From the guys at his suburban club Cheltenham they reckon he has the potential to play AFL as he is getting better each week.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Whilst he played well & we know by now Jack Ross is too good for VFL level, it doesn't help us at AFL level.
We have better ,similar types than Jack in the midfield already. Mid paced & not a great kick. It sounds familiar..but they're still better.

Bauer similarly whilst ok today I don't see where he gets a game in the snrs.
Who's he punting from defence? Balta? Young? Grimes? Vlastuin?

These guys aren't the answer to our woes unfortunately. The cupboard is bare until a few others get back from injury.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Is he better then Purple?
Better than the Lib's at least n might even give a couple of Labor's a run for their money.

Kid didn't do anything spectacular, just somehow kept getting into the right place n doing the right thing near enough every time I saw him rummaging around the defensive contests. Can't teach footy brain, can only polish it a bit so that it shines.