Tiges V Werribee | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Werribee

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Great game by Kaleb Smith very assured in everything he does
Very classy. Looking like we're good for back flankers for the future. Samson did very well. 7 goals in 2 games. Solid backup in the ruck. If he could only clunk some of the easier marks he tends to drop. Time to elevate? It's what we need in the 1s as Balta replacement. Banks poor first half, really picked up his game in the 2nd. Coulthard pretty much unsighted, disappointing. Watched Cumbo closely. Worked really hard. A bit of midfield time, some really good stuff but again not much happening for him forward. Clarke did nothing before he was injured. Another disappointment. Naismith solid, 11 clearances but he's not taking the place of captain Nanks.

Undermanned Tigers did well overall. Was quite a messy game though and Werribee didn't look much chop to me. A lot of overuse of disposal.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, great movements by this kid. Just hope he doesn't cop the curse....
He still building after working through one of the worst injuries a player could get.

Will be a player, BUT the Tigers need to get this lad's build up right, they cannot afford a recurrence of it or stress related issues.

Club seems to be doing a good job managing his loading during the week.

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
We’ll never find out what he’s capable of AFL level till he plays for another team
Pardon my ignorance here. Not a team player like Higgo? We let him go and he seems to average a couple of goals a game at the Saints.Letting Cumbo go because he is different(and please someone tell me how) makes no sense to me.Given the injury situation why not say to him Tom is out for 12 weeks so we will give five consecutive games at FF no questions asked.If you average 2 goals a game your place is here.If you stuff up Yarrawonga is looking good.

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Pardon my ignorance here. Not a team player like Higgo? We let him go and he seems to average a couple of goals a game at the Saints.Letting Cumbo go because he is different(and please someone tell me how) makes no sense to me.Given the injury situation why not say to him Tom is out for 12 weeks so we will give five consecutive games at FF no questions asked.If you average 2 goals a game your place is here.If you stuff up Yarrawonga is looking good.
Cumbo can’t take over Lynch’s role Lynch is 199cm Cumbo is 183cm can’t be FF but can play HF
Cumbo should get a run of games at least 4 games to see what he’s got we got nothing to lose
If he fails delist but he deserves a chance just like others have

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No idea. Fair question to be asked of the club though.
Didn’t see it but assuming your description of what occurred is correct, surely the Dr should have intervened and taken him off.
Too many injuries sustained by players returning for it to be a coincidence.
First round break of 5 days only, also a contributor. Season stuffed.

When it comes to expenditure of the soft cap, nothing more important than access to highly competent experienced medical staff.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Cumbo can’t take over Lynch’s role Lynch is 199cm Cumbo is 183cm can’t be FF but can play HF
Cumbo should get a run of games at least 4 games to see what he’s got we got nothing to lose
If he fails delist but he deserves a chance just like others have
I’ve seen Toby Green at FF
Seen Baker named at CHF. Positions are just bs in today’s game. They rotate, change running patterns, loop de loops, Pythagoras triangles, Archimedes isosceles, fibronacci spirals.
Kick the ball down there, he can mark it, chase it and do something if and when it gets there.

Who cares just give him room, he hasnt the height but has pace and agility to run mark, chase whatever.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
…They rotate, change running patterns, loop de loops, Pythagoras triangles, Archimedes isosceles, fibronacci spirals.

I would like to see a team’s system based on the Pythagorean spiral. That would really be something!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I’ve seen Toby Green at FF
Seen Baker named at CHF. Positions are just bs in today’s game. They rotate, change running patterns, loop de loops, Pythagoras triangles, Archimedes isosceles, fibronacci spirals.
Kick the ball down there, he can mark it, chase it and do something if and when it gets there.

Who cares just give him room, he hasnt the height but has pace and agility to run mark, chase whatever.
But has he the heart?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Kinda sick of hearing about Cumberland like there's some conspiracy theory. If a 1st year coach thought a guy could help him win games, do you seriously think he'd leave that same guy in the ressies? It doesn't make sense.

If we've been giving games to blokes who've performed well at VFL level (ignore Kosi, not much competition for tall forwards right now), maybe - just maybe, Cumberland hasn't been doing enough to get promoted.

You make your own opportunities. If he plays well enough, I'm sure he'll get a game.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users