Tiges V Werribee | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Werribee

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
As an aside I was watching highlights of Samson Ryan’s goals and there was one in the 3rd quarter which was a kick off the side of the foot at full pace from Sam Banks
It was almost exactly the same as the kick from Tom Brown that has everyone raving from last week. In some ways it was even better because Banks was at full pace.
I didn’t watch the game but I have a friend who was there and he said Sam had a quietish 1st half but a really good 2nd half.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
As an aside I was watching highlights of Samson Ryan’s goals and there was one in the 3rd quarter which was a kick off the side of the foot at full pace from Sam Banks
It was almost exactly the same as the kick from Tom Brown that has everyone raving from last week. In some ways it was even better because Banks was at full pace.
I didn’t watch the game but I have a friend who was there and he said Sam had a quietish 1st half but a really good 2nd half.

Banks needs to be given a run of games. We have been giving games to the likes of Dow (who I see zero AFL traits from), we need to give a block of games to each of these up and coming players to see what they've got. We talk about giving players several games to show what they can do, yet banks played Rd 0, then was left out against Carlton, then played against Port and was subbed out and was then the sub the week after. No continuity. He's already playing 1 of the hardest roles in the game to really shine, so to not be given any continuity, he needs that.

As I said we've tried that with Dow and he should now have a line through him. I'd be throwing Banks onto a wing against the Dees, and move Marlion as a stopper onto Petracca. The less both of them get the ball the better at the moment. We

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Banks needs to be given a run of games. We have been giving games to the likes of Dow (who I see zero AFL traits from), we need to give a block of games to each of these up and coming players to see what they've got. We talk about giving players several games to show what they can do, yet banks played Rd 0, then was left out against Carlton, then played against Port and was subbed out and was then the sub the week after. No continuity. He's already playing 1 of the hardest roles in the game to really shine, so to not be given any continuity, he needs that.

As I said we've tried that with Dow and he should now have a line through him. I'd be throwing Banks onto a wing against the Dees, and move Marlion as a stopper onto Petracca. The less both of them get the ball the better at the moment. We
Totally agree.

I don't know if he is good enough or will be good enough but there is only one way to find out. One thing in his favour to me is that he is a natural winger and he can kick !

I think he suffers from one of the same issues as Sonsie which is that he hasn't really got the balance right yet between outside and inside. Hopefully that comes.