To Whom It May Concern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To Whom It May Concern

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I just wish there were more supporters like David Norman. He hasnt missed a single Richmond game since 1974 and is totally behind the Tigers no matter what the circumstances are.

I unfortunately cant afford to go interest to watch the Tigers, but go to every Victorian game.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Arfur - You have risen to the top of my favourite monikers. I have a sneaking suspicion you may be ferkenal in disguise. Magnificent work either way.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
MC - I applaud you on your hope......I also applauded Saddam Hussein on his. We'll always make room on the bandwagon for you ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
I can only control what I think. What others want to think and believe is purely their business.

Fair enough MC, goes without saying really. My reply you've quoted was to your question

I have to ask though, why continue to support Richmond? If you see no hope of Danny changing, what makes you think anything will ever change at Richmond?

Maybe I took your meaning wrong, but it sounded as though you were questioning others support. I thought there was an inference that if you comment against Danny your support is questionable. My reply was to say my support of Richmond doesn't revolve around whether I think Danny is doing a good job ot not.
Maybe I misunderstood, not to worry. ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
I have to ask though, why continue to support Richmond? If you see no hope of Danny changing, what makes you think anything will ever change at Richmond?

Maybe I took your meaning wrong, but it sounded as though you were questioning others support. I thought there was an inference that if you comment against Danny your support is questionable. My reply was to say my support of Richmond doesn't revolve around whether I think Danny is doing a good job ot not.
Maybe I misunderstood, not to worry. ;D

I think you may have Rosy. That's not what I was saying at all. People can comment and say what they like, within reason. That's what this Forum's about.

Obviously, things need to change at the Club before we can have success. So, either the people who are there now need do things differently or we need to bring in new people. Whichever way we go, there needs to be a change in thinking that will bring in new ideas.

So, to some degree, you need an amount of faith in people to change, before things can be turned around. If you don't think Danny can change, how could you think anyone else can?

I hope that's clearer.

Harry said:
MC - I applaud you on your hope......I also applauded Saddam Hussein on his. We'll always make room on the bandwagon for you ;D

Thanks Harry. I think.

Anyway, if it comes to that point, never mind making room on the bus for me. Just make sure the driver's seat is vacant. ;D

Until then, I'll live in Hope City. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
If you don't think Danny can change, how could you think anyone else can?

He has been in charge 4 years and the team has changed for the worse. I don't follow your logic. If one person fails doesn't mean everyone will.

P

PuntRoadRoar

rosy3 said:
MC24 said:

He has been in charge 4 years and the team has changed for the worse. I don't follow your logic. If one person fails doesn't mean everyone will.

rosy this post has been wasted in this thread and could have easily been a "winner" in the the recently departed thread that was unfairly locked.... ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
MC24 said:

After last year's disaster, I was quite willing to give Danny a chance to change his strategy away from such a negative, passionless and outdated game plan. That he would have learnt his lesson about recruiting older fringe players from other clubs. However it's been more of the same this year. Thats why I don't see him changing MC. Sure people can make mistakes but when they repeat them it's extremely difficult to think they will ever change. Same goes for Greg Beck and his recruiting ability after 8 years at the Club.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I question that last comment about Beck with the additions of Coughlan, Rodan, Newman, Zantuck. Not exactly failures, and I dont think you can realyl blame Beck for Hudson, Houlihan, Nicholls etc either. Thjat was jsut the path the club decided to go.

If anyhting Beck has improved on his mistakes. Pettifer and Fiora are stil ltoo young to tell if the ywil lahve an impact or not.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Shawry Pettifer and Fiora are top 10 picks who've been around for a few years. They might improve enough to hold a spot in the side but theyr're never going to make KPP's or dominate the midfield like top 10 picks should.
The type of player they are is second or third round at best.....a dime a dozen.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
mightytiges said:
MC24 said:

After last year's disaster, I was quite willing to give Danny a chance to change his strategy away from such a negative, passionless and outdated game plan. That he would have learnt his lesson about recruiting older fringe players from other clubs. However it's been more of the same this year. Thats why I don't see him changing MC. Sure people can make mistakes but when they repeat them it's extremely difficult to think they will ever change. Same goes for Greg Beck's and his recruiting ability after 8 years at the Club.

It's not really a concern whether Danny changes or not. It is enough to know that things are changing. So if Danny doesn't "fit in" with those changes, he will have to move along, like others.

Nobody, except the Coach, was accountable in the past MT. They are now and that's the difference.

rosy3 said:

I'm not explaining myself very well, coz I'm not following your line of thinking at all Rosy.

We'll start at this point. If person A, for example, cannot change, then why would you expect person B to be able to change? What is the difference? How can you believe one person can change and another not?

Probably has to do with past experience, I guess. On the basis of the past, few give Danny a chance. Seeing as the Club has put faith in him for next season, then I have to hope he will. If he doesn't then he will have to be prepared to be as accountable as anybody else.

How's that Rosy? :)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I agree Rosy they will enver be KPP's but am yet to be convinced that they cant be top rank midfielders or at least good midfielders. Pettifer should he change his attitude I am sure may well do it and Fiora with a bit of bulk and strength and less easily intimidated wouldnt surprise me either. Teh yare still quite young.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
mightytiges said:
MC24 said:

After last year's disaster, I was quite willing to give Danny a chance to change his strategy away from such a negative, passionless and outdated game plan. That he would have learnt his lesson about recruiting older fringe players from other clubs. However it's been more of the same this year. Thats why I don't see him changing MC. Sure people can make mistakes but when they repeat them it's extremely difficult to think they will ever change. Same goes for Greg Beck and his recruiting ability after 8 years at the Club.

Here here mighty - your knowledge of the game is second to none...........When the pressure is on everyone falls back to instincts.........a leopard can't change its spots.........not everyone is cut out to be a successful coach...........if we are waiting for frawely to change his way of thinking then we might as well wait for the next haleys commet.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
MC24 said:
mightytiges said:
MC24 said:

After last year's disaster, I was quite willing to give Danny a chance to change his strategy away from such a negative, passionless and outdated game plan. That he would have learnt his lesson about recruiting older fringe players from other clubs. However it's been more of the same this year. Thats why I don't see him changing MC. Sure people can make mistakes but when they repeat them it's extremely difficult to think they will ever change. Same goes for Greg Beck's and his recruiting ability after 8 years at the Club.

It's not really a concern whether Danny changes or not. It is enough to know that things are changing. So if Danny doesn't "fit in" with those changes, he will have to move along, like others.

Nobody, except the Coach, was accountable in the past MT. They are now and that's the difference.

Agree with your last sentence MC however can't agree with the first one.
If Danny is staying on next year as the Club has said then it does concern me if he can't change. What untold damage his predictable and negative game plan for a third year in a row will do to our younger players is frightening.

I don't see how having the attitude of the coach is now above all scrutiny because in the past the coach was the only one scrutinized improves the Club's situation. That attitude comes across as the Club is keeping Danny on to keep up appearances rather than because he is right coach for the job. After 4 years we should know if Danny "fits in" with those changes.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
You beat me to it Harry. I think (possibly for the first time ever,(hey theres a joke in there), ) that I may have to concede after that post MT that you, are indeed, a howling Sotherly of fresh air!

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
shawry said:
I question that last comment about Beck with the additions of Coughlan, Rodan, Newman, Zantuck. Not exactly failures, and I dont think you can realyl blame Beck for Hudson, Houlihan, Nicholls etc either. Thjat was jsut the path the club decided to go.

If anyhting Beck has improved on his mistakes. Pettifer and Fiora are stil ltoo young to tell if the ywil lahve an impact or not.

Beck has been at Tigerland for 8 years shawry. He should have done better than just a handful of good players. I'll give Beck some credit with late picks (Newman, Zantuck, AK for example) but with the most important first round picks he has been wasteful to say the least. See rosy's response about Pettifer and Fiora.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Dean3 said:
Where I come from, northerlies are usually hot ;D

Yeah I can't stand northerlies either Dean. Prefer the cold weather to mid-summer :p ;D .

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
MC24 said:
We'll start at this point. If person A, for example, cannot change, then why would you expect person B to be able to change? What is the difference? How can you believe one person can change and another not?

I still don't follow you, of course anyone can change. How long do you give them though? If a person isn't working out there is an option of changing them rather than waiting for them to change.

I was commenting on your following quote MC. The team has gone backwards in 4 years, so the coach cops the flak to a degree. Danny hasn't changed much in his 4 years, except for the worse, but other things have changed.

A good change would be to select the right coach in the first place. Maybe Danny is the one, but while he's taking his time showing us the results and the membership tallies are dropping.

I realise my comments might make you think I am opposed to Danny being around next year. I haven't even commented on that though, I just disagree with your statement. My support for Richmond isn't influenced at all by whether I think Danny can change or not.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I am a summer fan myself, and did consider that there may have been a hot air comment in there somewhere... so I have modified my post as, while totally agreeing with Mt on the points he has made, I'd hate to inadvertantly paint him in the wrong light (so to speak) (hey theres a new one for Spud.. " I think the fans of Richmond may have painted K Pettifer in the wrong light") so southerly it now is.