Toby Greene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Toby Greene

2 handed push in the back.

Agree.
And because Greene plays so deep, on a fast break there is no umpire behind the marking contest to see the very blatant pushing in the back.
Greene does it better than most.

I also cant help feeling that the Richmond defenders (who dont dive) should be making sure that the umpires are aware of it, instead they just seem to accept it as if the push in the back wasnt there.

Agree.
And because Greene plays so deep, on a fast break there is no umpire behind the marking contest to see the very blatant pushing in the back.
Greene does it better than most.

I also cant help feeling that the Richmond defenders (who dont dive) should be making sure that the umpires are aware of it, instead they just seem to accept it as if the push in the back wasnt there.

Relax with the pushing in the back.
Greene is elite. He positions himself enough to get the opposition out of the contest.
He out did Grimes, hands or no hands.
He out did Short. I could out do short.
He slapped Big V.
And made Broad look stupid.
Period.
3 votes T.Greene

Relax with the pushing in the back.
Greene is elite. He positions himself enough to get the opposition out of the contest.
He out did Grimes, hands or no hands.
He out did Short. I could out do short.
He slapped Big V.
And made Broad look stupid.
Period.
3 votes T.Greene

Like him or hate him he's a champ. And still only 26yo so he isn't going away for a while yet. Imo he was the difference between us winning and losing. Only he would bob up when needed (that included strong possession on the half back line in the last) and when given the opportunity kick the goals.

I don't think he was that good, but he only needs a few cameos and there's 5 goals.

I've said it before, I just don't understand why he sometimes does the weird things he does, because he is one hell of a footballer.

DS

18 disposals 5 goals 11 contested possessions 4 contested marks, even 300 metres gained (more than all but 4 of our players), 166 SC points. If that isn't that good then I want to be there when he plays a good one.

Reactions: 1 user
18 disposals 5 goals 11 contested possessions 4 contested marks, even 300 metres gained (more than all but 4 of our players), 166 SC points. If that isn't that good then I want to be there when he plays a good one.

Yeah, I was watching on TV of course so you miss a lot, but the impression I got was that he was in and out of the game a bit. Seeing the stats has made me rethink that a bit, but not totally.

The main point I was thinking was that he doesn't have to be in the game for long to have a big impact.

DS

Yeah, I was watching on TV of course so you miss a lot, but the impression I got was that he was in and out of the game a bit. Seeing the stats has made me rethink that a bit, but not totally.

The main point I was thinking was that he doesn't have to be in the game for long to have a big impact.

DS

Absolutely, he is an impact player and when you kick straight like he does, it doesn't take many possies to make a huge difference.

Reactions: 1 user