Toby Greene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Toby Greene

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005
After watching the DogsvGWS game and seeing Toby putting the leg out and hitting the dogs player in the face,he did the same to Nathan Broad when going for a mark but hit him in the chest.It was 9.00 min to go in Q1.
Coincidence?
NO
He should be suspended as his action was intentional not careless.

Attachments

• IMG_6636.JPG
    IMG_6636.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 60

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah he's a dirty player and he has form raising the studs. He knew what he was doing and was deliberate.

Michael Long used to do this all the time.

The AFL community is pretty relaxed with this action and argue you are allowed to protect yourself in a marking contest however this is very dangerous much more so than a little jumper punch.

In the world game it's a straight red if you raise the studs at an opponent.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Harry said:
Yeah he's a dirty player and he has form raising the studs. He knew what he was doing and was deliberate.

Michael Long used to do this all the time.

The AFL community is pretty relaxed with this action and argue you are allowed to protect yourself in a marking contest however this is very dangerous much more so than a little jumper punch.

In the world game it's a straight red if you raise the studs at an opponent.

x2. it makes no sense that this is illegal when you consider other rules, kicking, in danger, contact with the head, rough play. The court of the commentators last night was bizaare, the fox comentators saw it diferently, they didn't know how to react. Like headless chooks.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Right with what is being said here! Greene has proven himself to be an extremely dirty player AND that getting suspended just isn't sinking in... Reckon the AFL needs to give him a good whack so that he, and the club, actually decide to make a change to his disgusting on-field behavior.

Right up there with T. Liberatore IMO

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I agree with others views on the other games.

Toby is fast becoming and getting a reputation for himself as a dirty , dirty player.

Dangerous act .

Happens at times to the body but a platant kick to the face is another thing.

Gets 2 weeks for continually being a stupid player.

Ch 7 commentators should be shamed saying they say nothing in it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think the type of act happens fairly often in footy, however I have little doubt that Green wouldve stuck the boot up an out a little higher ( Dalhauis is short) then most would to make sure he made 'accidental' contact to the head. If the same act happened by the majority of players in the AFL I'd say it was accidental contact, however Green has history on and off the field of dog acts, he took his oppurtunity to kick Dalhauis in the head imho.

I think the AFL may use the duty of care card on this , any other player I wouldn't want suspended as Dalhauis I believe is fine, however Green is a different case.

Edit ....good point from others that it wasn't a marking contest.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
It was not in a marking contest, despite what BuffoonBT said.
It was a contested ball situation and you are not allowed to kick a bloke in the head to 'protect your space'
Dog act. 2 weeks up to 3 with poor record.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not sure how it can be deemed accidental or unintentional? There is no reason for his boot being where it was. Same with raising your elbow to protect yourself.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It shouldn't be allowed in a marking contest either. Any contact with the studs to an opponent should be a free and or a report.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Imagine this twat accepting his premiership medal and being booed by 90000. That is going to happen.

Backbone

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 21, 2008
It interesting that the pundits are saying that it's legal to do this, but how often do you see it versus the opportunity for this to happen - and what I mean is specifically a boot to the head, rather than studs to a body. I would reckon there would be 2-3 opportunities per game for a player marking a ball (or up in the air to receive a handball), to do what Toby Greene did, but we don't really see it happen.

Why not?
1. Because it's a dangerous action.
2. They have other alternatives.
3. Most players aren't instinctively dirty.

Take a look at games on the weekend and see how many players have the opportunity to do the same thing as Greene - and how many choose other alternatives.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Backbone said:
It interesting that the pundits are saying that it's legal to do this, but how often do you see it versus the opportunity for this to happen. I would reckon there would be 2-3 opportunities per game for a player marking a ball (or up in the air to receive a handball), to do what Toby Greene did, but we don't really see it happen.

Why not?
1. Because it's a dangerous action.
2. They have other alternatives.

Take a look at games on the weekend and see how many players have the opportunity to do the same thing as Greene - and how many choose other alternatives.

Yep good point. You could easily do the same 10 times in a game if you didn't give a stuff about the welfare of your opponent. He must go for at least 3 imo.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I've backed Toby for other indiscretions in play but this one was purely deliberate. I did see him do that a couple of times against the Tigers but in this case, look how horizontal his leg is. He had Dalhaus in his vision and purposely stuck his leg up to make contact when there was absolutely no need to. He'll go for this one as he should.

E

easy_tiger

I hope, and think, Its 3 weeks for a deliberate (hes looking at straight at Dal) mule kick to the moosh.

we will be playing these pricks in a qualifying final in 3 weeks

Cameron says he was trying to protect himself! Can you protect yourself with a fist to the mouth?

If he does play, I hope Grimes breaks the little *smile* in half.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
While Optimus will hurt him, Greene showed a bit of fear whenever Dave grabbed him by the neck